African Autumn

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “This sort of tastes and smells like the liquid orange jello I'm drinking along side it (_maybe that bit shouldn't have been shared with the world_). Although, this is noticeably more rooibos-ish...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 448 tasting notes
  • “This tea has not gotten very good ratings on Steepster so far and after trying this sample I can see why. The aroma of it reminds me of orange kool-aid or tang. Actually it was not as tart as I was...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2169 tasting notes
  • “I’ve actually had this tea before – many, many years ago before I even knew what red tea was. I’m not really sure what I thought of it then, but I don’t think it was all that positive. Based on...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “One last test of this tea before disposing. I hate to trash tea, but really, this one is not for me as a hot tea. However, as an iced tea, it is not too bad. I definitely get an orangey taste as...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 956 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

A brew of African Autumn pours a brilliant royal orange liquid. The much-admired autumn hue comes from the rooibos, an herbal plant grown in South Africa also known as red bush. Upon fermentation, the leaves dry under the hot African sun changing color from vivid green to deep red. The mellow rooibos tempered by cranberry and orange peel has a wildly sweet and smooth aroma and a cool, minty flavor, at once refreshing and soothing. African Autumn is a great herbal and caffeine-free substitute to tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

I was at a B&N today and went to order a hot tea in their Starbucks. I wasn’t really looking forward to it because I’m not a huge Tazo tea fan and that’s all I thought they had since that’s all Starbucks usually has. I was tickled pink when I got to the register to order and was told that they serve all the Harney & Sons that they sell in the nearby racks. I swiftly ran over to view my new selection and picked the first one that I hadn’t tried yet based on name alone. African Autumn it was! I didn’t read the description because I really didn’t want to hold up the line and I knew that I wouldn’t HATE any of the choices. I really thought this one was going to be like a more subtle version of Safari Breakfast since I didn’t read the description or else I would have seen the word rooibos and probably have picked my holy grail by Harney & Sons: Supreme Earl Grey! My tasting notes come purely from going into this tea with no previous knowledge. Rooibos was the strongest note, but I could definitely taste fruit sweetening it. When I sat the bag in the white Starbucks cap, I could see berry-red in the little puddle under the tea bag. It wasn’t just the red from rooibos, but a thicker juice substance that could only come from berry pieces that had to be in the mix. It was a very good rooibos, but next time, I’ll be getting my crack that is Supreme Earl Grey.

This tea is mixed for me. A local coffee shop serves it up as a latte with sweetener, and in that preparation it tastes pleasantly like strawberry milk. Given that success, I purchased a tin to try at home.

Without cream, and even without sugar, this tea is too fruity and acidic for me. I am not a big fan of solely fruit teas (such as tisanes, etc) so the roobios in this does not provide enough of a tea-flavor base for me to enjoy it on its own.

This tea is not for me. There have been other roobios that I loved (Paromi’s Cinnamon Chai), but there was something about this that simply did not taste good to me. Fortunatley my daughter liked it pretty well so at least the other 4 sachets will get used more than likely. It is disappointing not to like it as I needed another decaf choice for night-time.

OMG, this tea is amazing. Strong spicy aroma with incredible orange notes and gorgeous dark amber color…this tea works equally well as a stand-alone tea or as a tea latte. This has earned a spot in my fave beverages to drink. If you have a Biggby near you, save your $5 and buy this tea for about $5.99 for 20 silken sachets and make your own lattes at home.

I like this tea. Another tea where I can leave the bag in my cup and it is delicious to the last drop.

I received this tea as a birthday present and I am enjoying it quite a bit. After it steeps it has a very pleasant aroma; floral and fruity, very soft but extraordinarily tantalizing. It tastes of cranberries oranges, and some sort of flower. I can’t exactly put my finger on it but it’s pleasant.

Now what did you say this tea was called again? African Tart? And by tart I don’t mean dessert, I mean TAAAART.

So once again – Another one killed the Roobios!

A delicious tea, with contrasting qualities that provides for a delightful drinking experience. The warm, gentle flavor of the rooibos comes first and then an incredibly pleasant, bright citrus aftertaste. Both were very gentle flavors. I’ve never been a rooibos fan, but this is a lovely tea I could easily introduce into my menu. I think it would go well with a sweet desert or some fruit.

This is a great tea! Smells great brewing! Just wish you could taste the cranberry more and the orange less!