Tropical Green

Fruit Green Blend
Bitter, Grass, Pineapple, Sweet, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I was pretty horrified when I realized this tin was about one year old now, so I have been drinking it more frequently. The flavor hasn't suffered enough for me to tell. I am trying to get...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1855 tasting notes
  • “What a tasty tea! I think that this was such a great purchase for a few reasons. First, the presentation is really lovely. I love the tin that these come in and I'll be able to keep it around even...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 539 tasting notes
  • “Tea of the morning. I was in the mood for sweet and fruity today, and the pineapple in this is exactly what I was wanting. I also enjoy the base tea. It has a bright grassy note that's strong...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 789 tasting notes
  • “Ok.. I'm logging this here even though I question if it's right or not. Ricky and Carolyn will like this one cuz we've had convos about pineapple greens. Mom and my aunt had to go to the mall for...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Hand-blended green teas from India with marvelous tropical flavor – pineapple is the dominant flavor, and that’s why we love it. Discover this fresh twist on traditional greens.

About Harney & Sons View company

Reminds me of the tropical green from Good Earth (which apparently I never logged… because it isn’t on here), only simpler. It’s absolutely yummy! A nice, bold green flavor without the bitterness from steeping a little longer. The pineapple flavor has a nice presence, and the aftertaste of the tea is a combination of earthy and tangy, I think. I wanted to resteep it, but I left the bag at my fiance’s house. So far, I’m impressed with this company.

Cofftea

“I wanted to resteep it, but I left the bag at my fiance’s house.” Haha nice. He should have kept drinking it:)

Very nice and light green tea. You can clearly distinguish the quality and flavor of the green tea. It leaves a nice pineapple flavor after each drink. I really recommend it.

This is the other green I got at the Harney & Sons in NYC. It’s a solid blend with a VERY strong pineapple aroma that mellows when steeped. The green tea itself is very mild, which is a good thing for me—I’m not a fan of the heavy grassy taste of some of the plain greens I’ve tried. Unfortunately, I’m also not a huge fan of pineapple—but my boyfriend loves it, so there you go. I’ll brew it to make him happy but I won’t necessarily seek it out… but if you’re more like him, this is a great choice.

Good standard cup of green tea

250 Ninja

Standard???

Got a sample of this in my last H&S order.
This tea smells incredible! It’s so sweet and pineapple-y! It really did get my hopes up…all just to dash them xD
The sweetness and pineapple flavors were almost all gone in the actual tea-totally overruled by the green tea base. D: It’s so disappointing!
If they had made the flavors stronger this could have been an amazing tea!
So sad about this one :(

Flavors: Bitter, Grass, Pineapple, Sweet

The Cookie Lady

Perfect timing! I’m glad you reviewed this now because I was considering buying it for a Christmas present for a girl I work with, but I was worried it would be too green and not pineappley enough. Looks like I can skip it. So, yay for timely reviews :)

Ost

Yeah, if you’re gonna get a pineapple tea, you should just get Lupicia’s Pineapple tea. Isn’t super strong, but fruitier than this one!

OMGsrsly

But isn’t Lupicia’s coconut and pineapple?

dragondrool

I’ve noticed that the green tea base overwhelms if it isn’t sweetened, like when I take a sample sip if I’m brewing at work and want to see if it’s strong enough yet. Once I add my sugar, the pineapple shines through. Perhaps this is just one of those teas that’s best sweetened. It’s one of my favorites of theirs, but I’d probably find it off-putting if I tried to drink it without sugar.

Ost

Yeah, it is,but it’s still more pineapple-y than this one! And I never get a lot of coconut with that one as it is. xD

OMGsrsly

Ahh. I really didn’t care for the coconut in it, because I was expecting it to be just pineapple. :) Still looking for the perfect pineapple tea!

Ost

Ah, that makes sense. Well if you ever do find it, definitely give me the heads up! Would be nice to find a really sweet, juicy pineapple tea. Because Lupicia’s is a lot more floral to me.

This is my first real tasting note and I am really new to tea in general. But, I really enjoyed this tea. I noticed sometimes there is a distinct grassy taste in green tea (or maybe I steep it too long) but this didn’t have very much of that. I can taste a hint of pineapple. I wonder how this would be iced, need to try that.

3 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
yyz

Welcome!

In an attempt to save money, I’ve been trying to figure out which teas in my cupboard re-steep the best. This one did surprisingly well, I did the first steeping for 3 minutes each. Still plenty flavorful, could probably go for a third time if I wanted to.

Flavors: Pineapple, Sweet, Vegetal

Pineapple is the name of the game. I realized when I was going through the tea tins that this is a very pineapple tea kind of day, and I’m glad, because when I’m in the right mood for it, the pineapple tea is VERY good. Yet most days, it’s the almost-last-choice tea in the cupboard. I’m sure this stems from my feelings on pineapple in general: it’s a delicious treat to enjoy about five times a year, and the last thing I’d want to eat every day.

I just happened upon this tea by accident. It is truly delightful and will added to my Favs!

A good tea. The pineapple part in the description worried me a bit, but it was light, not too melon-y. A good anytime tea