Assam Tea, Darjeeling Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 12 oz / 355 ml

From Harney & Sons

HarSha is a new black tea blend Mike developed as a fulfilling breakfast tea. It is a blend of extraordinary broken Meleng Assam to give body and depth and Puttabong Second Flush to give a little dark fruity flavor. HarSha is a Hindi word from India and means “bliss”. Mike thinks you will agree.

About Harney & Sons View company

I am glad this ended up being pretty tasty – reviews suggested that it was assam and darjeeling melded. Which is funny, given how much I am drinking both and how I am finding they are often not for me, at least not without milk. I brewed this short and cool to make sure it didn’t get bitter and that worked well. Still not my favorite, but a pleasant cup.

Harsha leaves one wondering. Wondering if the bliss you feel comes from the tea you just drank. Quality tea for me is the good clear uplifting feeling I get after drinking it. Harsha lives up to its name, Bliss. Bliss because its such a bargain, bliss because its not to strong, bliss because of its beautiful liquor. This is not experience tea for me, like a pure darjeeling, its an everyday tea, thats close enough to an experience. More than a nice in between tea. Harsha lives up to its name for me. Malty Assam, cut with astringent 2nd flush darjeeling, the normal darjeeling taste wasn’t there, but the champagne buzz was, and thats Harsha!

This tea has a nice, mellow aroma without any hint of smoke and a dark, translucent color. The taste is a bit dry, only slightly bitter; perhaps shortening the steep time will reduce this. A little sugar tempers the dryness a bit and a little cream helps as well, but the flavor is very subtle and somewhat unremarkable. It’s a decent brew, but I personally prefer a tea with little more depth and character to the flavor.