Citron Green

Fruit Green Blend
Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “This had a lovely orange aroma - like the fresh-squeezed orangeade at the corner drug store when I was in college. That is the main scent I picked up - the smell you get when you are peeling an...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1858 tasting notes
  • “Someone sent me a sachet of this tea and I tried it today. The sachets are supposed to be for 2 cups of tea so I got the biggest mug I could find. And had it straight, no sugar for a change. I...” Read full tasting note
    Lazey 94 tasting notes
  • “I received this in a swap I did with someone and it got mixed in with all my other samples so I'm not sure who I got it from but thank you!!! This is a lovely green tea :] The green tea base is...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 798 tasting notes
  • “Finally, a Harney and Sons tea I don't despise! Takes honey pretty well without losing its citron flavor. Delicious. Not quite getting orange from it, but definitely tasting citrus.” Read full tasting note
    ragashanti 92 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

We often suggest this Citron flavored green tea to our tasting room customers interested in trying green tea for the first time. The delicate citrus flavor and beautiful orange flavors provide a gentle introduction into the world of green tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

This had a lovely orange aroma – like the fresh-squeezed orangeade at the corner drug store when I was in college. That is the main scent I picked up – the smell you get when you are peeling an orange, very natural, not artifical. The tea base did not seem as smooth to me as the Tropical Green. While this one was very good hot, I didn’t care for it iced or iced and sweetened. There seemed to be a hint of bitterness. For now, Tropical Green wins hot, iced, and iced and sweetened. If you are not a pineapple fan, though, this one would be a great tea for you to try.

I thought it was pretty good. A delicate green tea and a lot of citrus flavor but not too much. More vegetal than fruity. If I put in an order with Harney & Sons I’ll get some more of this.

ashmanra

Yes, their sachets say to go with 12 ounces of water, though their bags are eight, I believe.

Lazey

Yeah, I’m used to making teas in the little 8oz cups.

I received this in a swap I did with someone and it got mixed in with all my other samples so I’m not sure who I got it from but thank you!!!
This is a lovely green tea :] The green tea base is soft and slightly sweet with hints of a buttery flavor. The orange and citrus flavors are very light and complimenting. It’s a very natural orange flavor, which is nice :]
Thanks again!

Finally, a Harney and Sons tea I don’t despise! Takes honey pretty well without losing its citron flavor. Delicious. Not quite getting orange from it, but definitely tasting citrus.

This had a delicious citrus scent dry, but is lacking when steeped. I can understand why this is recommended to someone new to greens, but the artificial citrus is way to sharp and fake for me. Leaves the tea a little bitter as an aftertaste.

Ah, now this is a nice green, very refreshing.

I am growing very amused that every time I find a tea I particularly like, the company describes it as “basic” or “introductory”.

Harney & Sons The Store

What we mean by that Cait is merely that the general western palate generally has a distaste to green tea flavors, which hold vegetal notes of alfalfa, asparagus, spinach, seaweed etc. Also many green teas seem to be weak, almost like warm water to the developing tea drinker. Furthermore, flavored greens use a basic green tea, in this case Bancha, which in fact is a summer tea made up of rejects from the spring pickings of Sencha. Teas like Citron Green, Bangkok, Tropical Green are great ways to get tea drinkers used to the lighter bodies and subtle nuances of flavors, as even flavored green teas are subtle.

I strongly recommend trying Tencha or Lung Ching next. Tencha is a flakey leaf Japanese green tea with a smooth, light body and a hint of citrusy sweetness. Lung Ching is a Chinese green that is sweet like spring grass on a backdrop of toasted walnuts.

Cait

Oh, it’s not a complaint! It’s interesting to learn about these teas, and apparently they’re described well, if the same description across various companies appeals to me.

I will definitely keep these recommendations in mind; they both sound very good! Thank you for them.

This brew is much more citrus-y than the last one, but still delish.

I put a bit of sugar in to sweeten it out just a tad.

I think I needed more leaf or a longer steep time as it had almost no flavor. I won’t rate at this time.

Refreshing. The coffee shop I frequented over my recent vacation carried Harney’s exclusively. This and the Thai jasmine tea they offer were great light options.

Flavors: Lemon Zest

The tea and citrus flavors mesh perfectly, neither overpowering the other. I’m a fan.