Moroccan Mint

Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Iced tea of the day..... With all of the references on Steepster about how good Moroccan Mint teas are iced, I had to give it a go. I know this is traditionally a sweetened tea, but I had to...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “So, my tea stash had started to dwindle. I decided it was time to get around to tasting all the Harney & Sons teas I've had my eye on, so I made a big order of samples. And in addition to what I...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 490 tasting notes
  • “My sis is the best :) She sent me another tea care package! I have one going out to her tomorrow. This was the first of the teas for me to try. I like the smooth mint flavor with the green. ...” Read full tasting note
    EmiCreech 207 tasting notes
  • “Since this is a ubiquitous species of tea I'll just note that the H&S version is a solid, go to Moroccan Mint, but I have noticed the blend to vary from batch to batch (at least those that I've...” Read full tasting note
    LuTeatius 39 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Our “take” on the traditional Arabian beverage. Gunpowder Green tea is blended with aromatic Peppermint leaves from Oregon to impart a unique brisk green tea experience.

About Harney & Sons View company

Iced tea of the day…..

With all of the references on Steepster about how good Moroccan Mint teas are iced, I had to give it a go. I know this is traditionally a sweetened tea, but I had to try it neat.

Mmmm. Very refreshing. I get a bite of smokiness from the gunpowder green, and a hint of refreshing mint. Man, I think this would be the ideal iced tea for a very, very hot day. (I might add some more comments after I get farther into the pitcher.)

I used my usual hot brewing method for iced tea. The water was a little cooler than boiling, I only steeped 3 minutes, and I used 4 perfect tsp of tea for my teapot, then transferred to my pitcher with ice. Added water up to about a 60 oz. volume.

ashmanra

I haven’t tried the H&S Moroccan Mint yet. I love the ones with spearmint so I just don’t know if I would like this one.

SimplyJenW

Ohhh. Spearmint sounds good!

ashmanra

Why don’t I send you some of the Tin Roof Teas one? It is my favorite! I think I still have your address. If I don’t, I will PM you!

So, my tea stash had started to dwindle. I decided it was time to get around to tasting all the Harney & Sons teas I’ve had my eye on, so I made a big order of samples. And in addition to what I ordered, they sent along five other single-bag samples! I have so much tea to review!

Moroccan mints, in my previous experience, tend to all be very similar. This one is a little more on the bitter and astringent side of things, but that’s because it’s not just pure dried herb. About a third of it seems to be gunpowder green tea leaves. But that certainly doesn’t take any flavor away from the peppermint. It still leaves a soothing, tingly feeling in my mouth. I’ll be happy to finish this tasty blend, but I think I prefer the Arbor Teas version.

This was the first of the teas for me to try. I like the smooth mint flavor with the green. It soothed my dry raw throat. I could see this being my go to minty tea. Yum!

Since this is a ubiquitous species of tea I’ll just note that the H&S version is a solid, go to Moroccan Mint, but I have noticed the blend to vary from batch to batch (at least those that I’ve purchased). Not a bad thing, per say. The mint flavor and aroma in my current tin are somewhat subtle but discernible. This is a nice tea after a meal. I will say however that I do prefer Mary’s version at Chaiwalla Tea House in Salisbury, CT.

I’m drinking this tonight iced. It is helping to reduce the local heat index by at least 5 degrees. Fresh and sweet without any sweetener added.

Second H&S sample. I failed to realize this was green tea until I’d already added boiling water, so it wasn’t properly prepared. Still, it’s tasty! I live in the Willamette Valley, where the peppermint in this tea is grown. It’s some of the cleanest, most aromatic peppermint anywhere and I can tell that’s what is in this blend.

The tea smells overwhelmingly of the very best sort of peppermint. Brewed, the peppermint still dominates, but a nice, light, non-bitter green tea flavor also comes through. It doesn’t taste overpoweringly minty; it’s just right.

I’m enjoying this, but it feels like drinking herbal tea. Not quite what I was after. I think I will adore this tea iced, however. Something is not firing on all cylinders, and I think it’s the temperature.

no, just no. I have mentioned this tea is finicky and has to be watched very closely, so I’m not sure why I decided to try and make it this morning when my brain felt foggy. Slightly over-steeped it and it tasted like I has steeped ground up cigarette butts. Two sips and I dumped it out.

Sarsonator

Oh my. I’m sorry this tea was not to your liking, but I did have to laugh at your very interesting flavor comparison :p

lolainred

haha, just callin’ them like I taste them! =)

Okay! Here is a green tea I will actually drink, and enjoy! I do love mint. However, I do sweeten this with a bit of sugar or honey.