Seeyok 2nd Flush

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Day 3 of my Journey into Black Teas! This one is definitely unlike the darjeelings I've had so far, probably because it's fully oxidized. Very slightly astringent, a little nutty and savory....” Read full tasting note
    tcaldron 59 tasting notes
  • “I have limited experience with Darjeelings (I always found them too astringent), but this one made me happy. Fair amount of body, and a complex, flowery, pleasantly astringent taste. It leaves a...” Read full tasting note
    Arisgr 12 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Located at the end of the beautiful Mirik Valley in the western part of the Darjeeling tea region, Seeyok did a good job making second flush Darjeeling during a difficult season. It is a fully oxidized tea, thus, a dark liquor.

In comparison to the Singell Second Flush, it is more brisk, with wonderful fruity muscatel flavors that Darjeeling producers try for. As a Fair Trade tea, a portion of the proceeds helps workers with credit, health and home improvement programs.

What is Fair Trade tea? Fair Trade tea is tea that is certified by TransFair USA. Fair Trade empowers farmers and farm workers to lift themselves out of poverty by developing the business skills necessary to compete in the global marketplace. By guaranteeing minimum floor prices and social premiums, Fair Trade enables producers to invest in their farms and communities and protect the environment. For more information on Fair Trade, please visit the TransFair USA website.

About Harney & Sons View company

Day 3 of my Journey into Black Teas!

This one is definitely unlike the darjeelings I’ve had so far, probably because it’s fully oxidized. Very slightly astringent, a little nutty and savory. Nothing floral or fruity about this darjeeling. Great for if you’re in the mood for a darker tea.

I have limited experience with Darjeelings (I always found them too astringent), but this one made me happy. Fair amount of body, and a complex, flowery, pleasantly astringent taste. It leaves a crisp, refreshing aftertaste. I usually brewed it 3-4 minutes, but it can take 5 minutes and can be forgiving if you neglect it, if don’t mind the astringency. Recommended.