Organic Passion Plum

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

From Harney & Sons

Long on taste with no caffeine this herbal brew delivers delicious taste with the added benefits of American Ginseng.

About Harney & Sons View company

Thank you Lindsay!!!!
This one has been on my WISH LIST for a LONG time!

I really wanted to try this because of the PLUM but I am concerned about the lower ratings…trying to keep my mind open…and because of the hibiscus factor…again…trying to keep my mind open!

It smells like Passion Fruit, Plum, Flowers, Spices, and Citrus.
it’s an intense purple-red color

It is quite tart but here’s what else is going on…
I can taste the tarty fruits first and foremost but then I can taste the cinnamon. This seems a little strange but it’s subtle. I can also taste the ginseng and orange which is actually quite nice.

I have mixed feelings about this because there are so many things going on.

I think the Hibiscus IS overdone – like in MOST teas and tisanes that companies choose to use that ingredient BUT

The fruit flavors are brilliantly popping here. The cinnamon and ginseng help switch it up a little but the dreaded hibiscus is still overpowering.

It sort of reminds me of a plum spice I had from Rishi a while back. It’s supposed to be warming but I think tisanes like this might be better iced. Regardless this wasn’t bad…

The more it sits at room temp the more I can taste PLUM…yay! BUT…they – as well as most companies out there – really need to come off of the Hibiscus more than a bit.

Sorry for the Hibiscus rant! LOL

Regardless – this has potential and I am overjoyed I was able to try it – thanks again – Lindsay!!!!

I did get my plum fix for the day :) CHEERS!

Lindsay

Glad you like it! I find it way more enjoyable with a bit of sweetner, which may be a sacrilege. It definitely took away some of the hibiscus / ginsing bite and brought out the plum a bit more.

The small cafe that is only open on weekends at my mall had this tea. I asked to try it iced. They used ONE BAG for 24oz of ice water. It tasted like cinnamon hibiscus water. Inshould have gotten a small hot cup. Now I know. I wonder how old these bags were?

AmazonV

<3 sorry it was lame tea :(

Smells wonderful; tastes…not as much. Unless you really like the tree-branch taste of ginseng. That’s hard to mask with any other flavoring.

ashmanra

Glad you reviewed this! I was wondering about it and nearly put it in my cart.

(this is the bagged version)

Top ingredient in this one is hibiscus and I can taste it. Hibiscus, cinnamon, and then plum.

My kitty is scheduled for surgery in another 20 minutes so I’m having a hard time concentrating on the tea.

wombatgirl

I’m crossing my fingers for the kitty… and you.

LENA

hang in there…I’m sending some positive vibes your way.

TeaEqualsBliss

Thoughts/Prayers/Vibes for the Kitty-Kat!!!! Keep us posted!

Auggy

Good luck with the kitty – hope all goes swimmingly!

teaplz

Here’s hoping the kitty is okay! Keep us updated, definitely!

takgoti

Ditto the kitty commentary.

This is definitely growing on me now that I’ve started adding agave to it. The tartness of the plum is accented by the sweetner and it makes it nice and juicy. The hibiscus is toned down a lot now too. I’m enjoying a cup right now after assembling several pieces of IKEA furniture. My new place rocks except the fridge doesn’t work. The kettle does, though!

Title for this review: Organic Passion Plum by Harney & Sons

Organic Passion Plum is long on taste with no caffeine this herbal brew delivers delicious taste with the added benefits of American Ginseng.

I purchased this tea at a café as my morning cup. Fragrantly it was wonderful, and very hot. I enjoyed the medley of the plum with the ginseng. Plum was more prevalent; ginseng was in hints of earthiness to the cup.

The aroma was lovely, depicting the plum right away and sweetness in the cup so that sugar was not needed. The color of the tea was like a dark grape or a soft mauve; I am not sure if one would equate the taste or character to wine since the coloring could be like that of wine.

I don’t know, I just know it was a good comforting cup of tea.

A very “pretty” tea…it brews to look like translucent wine. Unfortunately the taste and aroma are a a bit weak, and not all that distinctive. It’s not that it tastes like water—there’s definitely a sharp, fruity tang to it—but I would never guess that it was supposed to taste like plum….

Cofftea

Maybe that’s a good thing though, I wouldn’t want something that tastes like hot prune juice lol.

Mandie

You have a point there! xD

I actually quite like this tea. I brew the loose tea and use a little more than normal per cup, and also steep it a bit longer;I think this definitely brings out the plum flavor more. My favorite bit of this tea though is the lovely smell and the gorgeous color when it’s brewed. Absolutely beautiful.