Boston Blend

Black Fruit Blend
Berries, Nuts, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Ryan Burress

• “Its not official, but I always feel like the last day of November is the end of Winter. So I thought it would be appropriate to finish off this autumnal tea today. Sob. I love you Boston, I dont...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 673 tasting notes
  • “This is a good news/bad news sorta thing: my Harney&Sons order arrived today! Holy moley you guys. Everything smells so amazing! I guess the bad news is that I am UP to 145 teas, and some of...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1393 tasting notes
  • “Okay all, I am getting ready to preach! Three years ago this week I went for a mammogram. I was about a year late because I was too busy to get one and since I was the poster child for low risk...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes
  • “I was reading Rosehip's review of this tea and decided it was exactly what I was in the mood for. Today the almond seems a bit stronger than usual, but I'm fine with that. It works well with the...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 462 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

A blend of black tea, cranberry and almond flavors inspired by the cranberry bogs south of Boston. Mike Harney is a big fan of cranberries, so he made another blend that incorporates this wonderfully flavorful little fruit.

www.harney.com

About Harney & Sons View company

This is another H&S blend I tried tonight. The smell of this one was soooooo good! I was definitely getting the almond and a sweet fruity smell.

I had to make this one twice as I over steeped this the first time I made it and it was quite awful. Even though it wasn’t astringent or bitter, it just didn’t have any flavour and the base was quite dull and what I would describe as dirty tasting.

Ok, second steep. Really not much better. Base tastes about the same, very tired and boring, but also unpleasant. I kept adding sugar until it was drinkable and then it was ok, but only because all of that sugar toned down the base and brought out the flavour a bit more. I would never repurchase something I have to drown in sugar to semi-enjoy.

I’m kind of upset about this. I love the idea of a cranberry almond tea and I read such good things about this tea. What am I missing? I wish that someone that loved this tea could make it for me so I could see if I’m doing something wrong.

sherapop

Try it with cream before giving up forever! ;-)

ashleyelizabeth

Oh I did, I have to in most blacks. I always take a sip before I add it but I felt this needed it. It did not improve the flavour, it just muted it a bit. I only have one cup worth left, I only got a sample size, so I’ll just sneak that into a swap at some point :)

I don’t know where I got it in my head that this had coconut flavoring. I even convinced myself I could taste the coconut. After coming here and realizing there is no coconut I decided it was a good idea to have another cup.

I’m a weirdo, this taste nothing like coconut. Berry nutty, the cranberry flavoring is nice, I’m glad it is not like pucker your cheeks like eating a fresh cranberry. This is an easy tea to drink whenever. I only wish I didn’t waste the first two cups trying to find coconut. Thank you VariaTEA for sharing!

VariaTEA

You’re welcome. I am glad you enjoyed it :)

I live in Boston, so naturally I had to pick up a can of Harney & Sons Boston. It’s good: a fruity black in the same general spirit of Paris and Tower of London. The sweetness in this blend is in part due to a smidgeon of vanilla, so there is more overlap with Paris, though the flavor is definitely different.

There are clear similarities between all of the fruit-scented teas chez H&S, above all, that most of them appear to use the same black tea base. This becomes especially apparent upon examining the spent leaves. Plus the liquors all brew up dark amber colored.

Well, I like this one too! I expect that eventually I’ll work my way through their entire collection. High-quality flavored teas are especially appealing to me in wintertime, served with cream as a cold weather comfort beverage. It’s nice to have so many choices. I doubt that I’m alone in having first encountered black currant tea as a flavored black. I recall that at one period in my life I tended to have a tin of Twinings Blackcurrant around. Not anymore, but I’ll have to try the Harney & Sons version at some point.

Flavors: Berries, Nuts, Vanilla

Marketing!!!!

I was visiting my Auntie in Boston and saw this tea in the cupboard. It had a nice body and was perfectly balanced with cranberries. BUT, I bought a tin to take back home to Detroit and it didn’t feel the same. Maybe it was the water or maybe you just have to be in the city to like it.

My friend Amanda got me a lovely black tin of this for Christmas. It smells fantastically like cranberries and, when brewed, produces a tea with a yummy cranberry taste that lingers and doesn’t taste fake or anything. Plus, I love Boston, so this is a great tea.