Boston Blend

Black Fruit Blend
Almond, Black Teas, Cranberry, Vanilla
Cranberry, Almond, Smooth, Bergamot, Burnt Sugar, Vanilla, Berry, Sweet, Berries, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “So Boston Blend, which is one of my favorites, was my pot of tea this morning. However, I come not to wax rhapsodic over this brew, but instead tell of my weekend! It involves tea! Sunday I went to...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1405 tasting notes
  • “This is a good news/bad news sorta thing: my Harney&Sons order arrived today! Holy moley you guys. Everything smells so amazing! I guess the bad news is that I am UP to 145 teas, and some of...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Okay all, I am getting ready to preach! Three years ago this week I went for a mammogram. I was about a year late because I was too busy to get one and since I was the poster child for low risk...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 2072 tasting notes
  • “I was reading Rosehip’s review of this tea and decided it was exactly what I was in the mood for. Today the almond seems a bit stronger than usual, but I’m fine with that. It works well...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 1049 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

A blend of black tea, cranberry and almond flavors inspired by the cranberry bogs south of Boston. Mike Harney is a big fan of cranberries, so he made another blend that incorporates this wonderfully flavorful little fruit.

About Harney & Sons View company

I didn’t have particularly high expectations for this tea since it sounded like it would either be too tart or too plain. Generally speaking, I’m not a huge fan of cranberry-flavored things. I am happy to report that it was neither! Quite enjoyable both hold and cold. I see myself really enjoying this as an iced tea during summer and as a hot tea in fall/winter. Thanks, dort, for sending me a sample!

Flavors: Cranberry

So…I think if I liked cranberries I’d really enjoy this tea. Because it’s not overly cranberry, and it’s not overly almond. It’s like half and half. Which I can appreciate. Usually it’s one or the other it seems, but it’s a well-rounded tea.
It’s strong and smooth, but I’m really not a fan of cranberries. So this one isn’t for me.
Glad I got to try it though. Thank you to Rosehips for this one!

Flavors: Almond, Cranberry, Smooth

I never realized how much this song was about rebirth and transformation, but aren’t all soft rock songs? I’m not actively seeking to reinvent myself right now, but Boston by Augustana just seems to fit Harney & Sons’ Boston Blend.

Now, there’s one line in the song that is completely out of place. Let me transcribe a few lines for you:

I think I’ll start it over, where no one knows my name,
I’ll get out of California, I’m tired of the weather,
I think I’ll get a lover and fly him out to Spain…
Oh yeah and I think I’ll go to Boston,

Did you see it? It’s just barely audible, but apparently Augustana couldn’t find any adequate rhymes for name – except Spain. And how does everyone associate with the Spanish? Well, clearly lust and escape and sex and gigolos and the sexual revolution of the 1980s.

Unfortunately, the boys seem oblivious of their own city’s claim to fame on the erotica game: “Banned in Boston”. Indeed, the fabled city on a hill and critically acclaimed Protestant haven, Boston has tirelessly defended against the ever-increasing lewd and licentious dangers plaguing modern society. Much like our aforementioned guardian, Iggy Azalea, of sexual purity, Boston’s long-standing Watch and Ward Society censored the likes of the evil Upton Sinclair, Faulkner, HG Wells, and Ernest Hemingway. Thank gourd Harry Potter wasn’t around to plague the youth of Boston!

Thus, adding another page to our Caulfield-like repertoire, we see the boys of Augustana desire to return to a period of innocence since lost. See no evil.

Here’s a Creed song:

Flavors: Bergamot, Burnt Sugar, Vanilla

Excellent tea. I put less in the strainer than I might normally because the sample is so small, so a little less flavorful than I might expect, but I’m sure that’ll change once I have a full tin.

As good iced as it is hot. Cranberries do not overpower the taste of the tea – just add a bit of slightly fruity sweetness. Love this iced – may be my new go to for colder weather iced tea. An all around delicious black.

Flavors: Cranberry, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 5 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

Sipdown. Though I think Paris has the slight edge over this, it’s a delicious, very berry tea, and I’m sure I’ll be buying some more soon.

Totally my favourite Harney blend!

Yep, I’m missing it already!

I feel a purchase of Boston blend coming on. Sounds heavenly!

Oh it’s so good! SO berry (technically cranberry, but to me it tastes like they threw a few other berries were in there too). If you’ve never had it, you must try some :)

One from my awesome swap with VariaTEA and tonight I had a simple no-nonsense cup on a short steep of around 2mins. Really tasty, a nice black tea with a touch of sweetness. The first time I tried it was in a cold brew overnight and the flavouring was so delicate it didn’t really come through—but tonight we have a winner!

Wow, this tea is so creamy and delicious. Not at all sour or bitter like I imagined it might be, based on the cranberry aspect.

I’ve had Boston Blend on my wishlist for awhile, I’ve seen raving reviews for it pop up every now and again in my feed.

I am not disappointed! The very second I cracked open the tin to sniff the leaves I knew I would enjoy it. I was right.

It’s creamy and fruity and the almond adds a nice sweetness to balance off the cranberries.

It’s a flavoured blend done very well.

Another from “ATTB”. This is nice, nothing that is making me do a jig, but a nice strong black tea. Due to DeliriumsFrogs I am watching/reading (it’s subtitled) The Returned on Netflix today while I sip this and do laundry.

Oooh, what do you think of the show? We have two episodes left, and I’m not sure where it’s headed…wondering if I’ll like how they wrap up the season.
I really do love the cast, though.

I started watching the first episode of that this winter, I will have to keep going

I’m just about to watch “Victor”, not sure how many are after that. I read that Resurrection was based on it, but I think The Returned is better (and darker). Also Whatshesaid, every time I try to open my messages on my iPad it crashes, I’ll check for your response on my computer in the morning.

This one smells like the winter holidays—cranberry, and a mixture of sweet aromas that reminded me of caramel, though I’m not sure that’s one of the ingredients. There’s a bit of sweet almond in there too.

The tea brews a lighter color than most black teas I’ve encountered. The tea base is mild, malty, and unassuming, and reminds me of Fairmont Maple Maple. The appearance of the leaves in these two blends are very similar as well. The cranberry flavor is distinct and crisp, but this is definitely a “mellow” black tea. I wasn’t sure if I liked this one or Tower of London better, but it gets more points for being unique.