Boston Blend

Black Fruit Blend
Almond, Black Teas, Cranberry, Vanilla
Almond, Cranberry, Vanilla, Smooth, Bergamot, Burnt Sugar, Berry, Sweet, Berries, Nuts
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “So Boston Blend, which is one of my favorites, was my pot of tea this morning. However, I come not to wax rhapsodic over this brew, but instead tell of my weekend! It involves tea! Sunday I went to...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1534 tasting notes
  • “This is a good news/bad news sorta thing: my Harney&Sons order arrived today! Holy moley you guys. Everything smells so amazing! I guess the bad news is that I am UP to 145 teas, and some of...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Okay all, I am getting ready to preach! Three years ago this week I went for a mammogram. I was about a year late because I was too busy to get one and since I was the poster child for low risk...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 2139 tasting notes
  • “I was reading Rosehip’s review of this tea and decided it was exactly what I was in the mood for. Today the almond seems a bit stronger than usual, but I’m fine with that. It works well...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 1060 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

A blend of black tea, cranberry and almond flavors inspired by the cranberry bogs south of Boston. Mike Harney is a big fan of cranberries, so he made another blend that incorporates this wonderfully flavorful little fruit.

www.harney.com

About Harney & Sons View company

Why have I neglected this tea? I bought 2oz a while back from the shop. I think I tried it once in a rush and wrote it off. This morning this tea is perfect. I get a slightly berry almondy flavor. The base seems to be similar or the same as all the flavored blacks. I will be honest I sometimes wished H&S had a slightly nicer base for their flavored blacks, maybe a smooth assam, but it is okay. Good cup this morning. I think I am declaring today H&S tea day. I have quite a few I have been craving recently.

This was a gift from my Secret Santa. :) I really wanted to try this blend, as it is spoken of favorably by Steepster peeps. It also sounded very cozy for winter, and cranberry and almond sound like a winning combo. Unfortunately, I didn’t taste any almond in this tea, and that was even after adding a splash of almond milk! I did get some tart, slightly juicy cranberry flavor, but it was kind of faint. I can’t vouch for how old the tea is because it wasn’t sent to me in its original container, but overall, I don’t think it’s flavorful enough for me. Besides my love for their Viennese earl grey and Paris teas, I’m still not a Harney’s girl.

Sakura Sushi

Try it iced, if you drink iced tea at all. You still won’t get almond, but you should get a slight sweet, berry flavor. I found this really pleasant as an iced tea, not that interesting as a hot tea.

Nightshifter

Me too- I wasn’t getting what the blend was supposed to be when I tried it. I love Paris also, but I’ve never tried Viennese Earl Grey (which I will now need to remedy). If you haven’t tasted before, I enjoyed Earl Grey Supreme, too.

Tealizzy

Thanks for the tips!

boychik Love Viennese Earl Grey !
Tealizzy

@boychik – yay! :)

I didn’t have particularly high expectations for this tea since it sounded like it would either be too tart or too plain. Generally speaking, I’m not a huge fan of cranberry-flavored things. I am happy to report that it was neither! Quite enjoyable both hold and cold. I see myself really enjoying this as an iced tea during summer and as a hot tea in fall/winter. Thanks, dort, for sending me a sample!

Flavors: Cranberry

So…I think if I liked cranberries I’d really enjoy this tea. Because it’s not overly cranberry, and it’s not overly almond. It’s like half and half. Which I can appreciate. Usually it’s one or the other it seems, but it’s a well-rounded tea.
It’s strong and smooth, but I’m really not a fan of cranberries. So this one isn’t for me.
Glad I got to try it though. Thank you to Rosehips for this one!

Flavors: Almond, Cranberry, Smooth

I never realized how much this song was about rebirth and transformation, but aren’t all soft rock songs? I’m not actively seeking to reinvent myself right now, but Boston by Augustana just seems to fit Harney & Sons’ Boston Blend.

Now, there’s one line in the song that is completely out of place. Let me transcribe a few lines for you:

I think I’ll start it over, where no one knows my name,
I’ll get out of California, I’m tired of the weather,
I think I’ll get a lover and fly him out to Spain…
Oh yeah and I think I’ll go to Boston,

Did you see it? It’s just barely audible, but apparently Augustana couldn’t find any adequate rhymes for name – except Spain. And how does everyone associate with the Spanish? Well, clearly lust and escape and sex and gigolos and the sexual revolution of the 1980s.

Unfortunately, the boys seem oblivious of their own city’s claim to fame on the erotica game: “Banned in Boston”. Indeed, the fabled city on a hill and critically acclaimed Protestant haven, Boston has tirelessly defended against the ever-increasing lewd and licentious dangers plaguing modern society. Much like our aforementioned guardian, Iggy Azalea, of sexual purity, Boston’s long-standing Watch and Ward Society censored the likes of the evil Upton Sinclair, Faulkner, HG Wells, and Ernest Hemingway. Thank gourd Harry Potter wasn’t around to plague the youth of Boston!

Thus, adding another page to our Caulfield-like repertoire, we see the boys of Augustana desire to return to a period of innocence since lost. See no evil.

Here’s a Creed song: http://youtu.be/iBBqjGd3fHQ

Flavors: Bergamot, Burnt Sugar, Vanilla

Excellent tea. I put less in the strainer than I might normally because the sample is so small, so a little less flavorful than I might expect, but I’m sure that’ll change once I have a full tin.

As good iced as it is hot. Cranberries do not overpower the taste of the tea – just add a bit of slightly fruity sweetness. Love this iced – may be my new go to for colder weather iced tea. An all around delicious black.

Flavors: Cranberry, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 5 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

Sipdown. Though I think Paris has the slight edge over this, it’s a delicious, very berry tea, and I’m sure I’ll be buying some more soon.

Fjellrev

Totally my favourite Harney blend!

Tamarindel

Yep, I’m missing it already!

Teatotaler

I feel a purchase of Boston blend coming on. Sounds heavenly!

Tamarindel

Oh it’s so good! SO berry (technically cranberry, but to me it tastes like they threw a few other berries were in there too). If you’ve never had it, you must try some :)

One from my awesome swap with VariaTEA and tonight I had a simple no-nonsense cup on a short steep of around 2mins. Really tasty, a nice black tea with a touch of sweetness. The first time I tried it was in a cold brew overnight and the flavouring was so delicate it didn’t really come through—but tonight we have a winner!

Wow, this tea is so creamy and delicious. Not at all sour or bitter like I imagined it might be, based on the cranberry aspect.

I’ve had Boston Blend on my wishlist for awhile, I’ve seen raving reviews for it pop up every now and again in my feed.

I am not disappointed! The very second I cracked open the tin to sniff the leaves I knew I would enjoy it. I was right.

It’s creamy and fruity and the almond adds a nice sweetness to balance off the cranberries.

It’s a flavoured blend done very well.
Huzzah!