Elyse's Blend

Honey, Toasty
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Harney & Sons

A delicious tea named for the two Elyses in the Harney family. Tippy Assam and Kenyan teas are blended with smooth Kenilworth Ceylon, then slightly sweetened with honey flavors.

About Harney & Sons View company

A much subtler flavored tea than Paris or Tower of London. I found that my first brewing of this had mild honey aromas that added to the underlying tea flavor, and that the flavor of the blend was not overwhelmed by the honey scent. A second brewing yielded a note of golden raisins that was also pleasant. I tend not to like flavored teas, but this one is a winner all around. I drank it black and felt it went with most foods I decided to eat during the day. I should stress that the flavor of the underlying blend was also particularly compelling and that is probably what allows it to carry the Honey tones so well.

This tea has a dark color and a rather neutral aroma. The taste is pretty neutral as well with just a hint of honey in the finish. The overall flavor is a little too subtle for me. Cream and sugar helped a little. It’s not bad at all, but not quite interesting enough for my taste.