Peppermint

Herbal Tea
Peppermint
Sachet
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj
Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 g 10 oz / 295 ml

2 Images

• “I'm not entirely on speaking terms with my tummy at the moment. Or rather, it is not entirely on speaking terms with me. That seems to be a trend around Steepster at the moment. I was catching up...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1269 tasting notes
  • “I really need to try to space out my tasting notes. I tend to not write any for 3-4 days and then do a whole bunch all at once. Sorry for clogging your dashes, everyone! I just get in the mood to...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “John Harney Appreciation Tea #10 This peppermint tea from Harney & Sons is a the perfect illustration of the principle "less is more". Take a simple, natural ingredient and allow it to express its...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1004 tasting notes
  • “Now this is what I'm talking about! ALL the peppermint! I find the peppermint tisanes I've tried have a natural creamy component to them, and this one is no exception. So glad I stumbled upon this...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 495 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

From Oregon comes a marvelous, brisk peppermint. The peppermint leaves from this area produce a great smelling and crisp tasting tisane. We find a cup of this can also get a pesky stomach under control in no time.

About Harney & Sons View company

Its a strong peppermint tea that leaves a rough after taste, but if you don’t let it steep to long it can be refreshing. I enjoy a cup every now and then but have found better Peppermint teas since my first purchase of this tea.

Initial Review: http://www.witheringleaves.com/peppermint-herbal-harney-sons

A nice, simple option for when I’m being lazy.

Reasonably mild for a single-note peppermint tea. Might disappoint some who are looking for an extremely fresh or minty taste, though it works for casual sipping.

Bleh. Tastes as though peppermint oil was added back to the leaves. Tastes more like peppermint candy than an herbal tea. The aftertaste was less than desirable and lingered for an hour or so. This is one peppermint tea that I probably won’t be trying again.

I love peppermint herbals and have for many years. I had this tea at Border’s in the sachets that Harney & Sons has in their Royal Palace line. I was meeting the woman who is going to be my wife for the first time. I was a little nervous and peppermint tisanes have always been good for me to calm my stomach and nerves. I guess this tea has a little sentimentality to it for me.

I might have bought this at Target because the tin appealed to me. Maybe. I love my little Harney tins and recover them with other companies’ labels to reuse them. WP bags are a great size for that. If only they locked together when stacked!

Anyway, my tummy is a bit unhappy tonight so I made some of this and I am really enjoying it! I don’t know what about the peppermint makes the brew tea colored, so that was a surprise.

Cameron B.

Their tins are gorgeous, especially those colored ones. I’m always tempted to buy one when I’m at Target, too. :P

KiwiDelight

I partially bought Paris because of the tin.

albertocanfly

These tins are so adorable:P
Was the peppermint super strong? :D

Marzipan

I steeped it for 5 minutes and I really loved the way it turned out, I could see it becoming a habit. It was pleasant but I wouldn’t say too strong.

albertocanfly

Thank you! I might just have to try this one out, then:]

mj

I have a few of these empty tins, but I’m afraid to use them because the scent lingers (cinnamon in one, vanilla in one, mint in one). Marzipan, how did you clean them out? I soaked them for about a day with soap and water and then scrubbed them with soap and hot water, but they still smell like they might contaminate any tea I put in there.

Cameron B.

mj, usually I wash them and then let them just sit on the counter and air out for a few days.

Marzipan

Denture tablets! My daughter has a retainer so we have a huge box. They are magic.

mj

Thanks guys! I must make sure my teas are safe from flavor contamination :)

Cameron B.

Marzipan, wow, thanks for the tip! I’ll be sure to try that. :D

Marzipan

I also use the tabs on my gravity steeper and the tea stains come right off.

Megan

Oo that’s a great idea!

rosebudmelissa

I love peppermint tea. I tend to have a cup every day, although I can’t drink it right now due to heartburn from pregnancy :( Definitely one of the things I’m looking forward to getting back to in a little less than three months.

TTBC2 #1

Okay, so we had this crazy weekend. Especially crazy Saturday night. I love beer – so it is not hard for me to go a little overboard with it, especially if there’s reasons to celebrate and be merry in general. Yeah, Saturday night was fantastic. Sunday morning was NOT.

Luckily, I had this traveling box with me. I took some other teas with me, but none of them were herbals. And let me tell you, black tea didn’t do me much good. Since we were all hanging out at a fairly secluded cabin, my teaware was pretty limited there. I was using french press there for steeping most of the time but the guys at some point decided to make coffee in it and I couldn’t clean it out properly afterwards. Which made me decide on something in a bag: I opened the traveling tea box and I saw this lonely bag of Harney & Sons’ Peppermint sitting on top. I knew that it was exactly what I needed.

I generally don’t like tea blends that have any kind of mint in them but I will never underestimate the nice effects that straight mint can have on you. Occasionally I do have it. Like earlier today when I really needed it. It was agreeable, refreshing and pretty strong. It helped my tummy and my general well-being a notch or a notch and a half. Nothing miraculous, yet it was what I needed at the time.

Jennkay

Man, now I wish I had something minty on hand to drink after a brewery tour today.

Kat_Maria

Lol! I really gotta consider making one of these mint teas a staple.

This is a light, fresh mint flavor, lacking the bitterness I have found in some bagged peppermint teas.

Refreshing!

Boiling 8 min or more

Woah, I don’t understand how this doesn’t have a higher score.

Okay, truth is, peppermint tea is my go-to tea always. Especially for stomach problems. When I have a stomachache or it hurts, I always drink peppermint tea and it instantly feels better. Peppermint has medicinal properties just for this.

This is so embarrassing but I took this tin from my mom (it had about 7-8 bags left in it). I finished this in about 2 weeks. Each bag got at least 4-5 brews, basically until it had no taste. I like this stuff a lot. I’ll be trying more peppermint teas but I currently love this one. Also, that tin! So adorable!

Tastes like a natural, herbal peppermint tea would. This would be great on sick days.