Mint Verbena

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

From Harney & Sons

Caffeine-free mint with Lemon Verbena, a combination of two favorites. Lemon Verbena is a full-bodied herbal, and of course mint is known for its ability to calm a temperamental stomach. An invigorationg new herbal.

Also available in wrapped sachets – Each sachet brews a 12oz cup of tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

I told my roommate to throw my earphones into my mug that was on the table because the last time I left them on the coffee table, my roommate took them! With that being said, I almost poured hot water into my mug because I totally forgot they were there haha
I feel like all my most recent tasting notes are of me complaining about life and midterms and well GIVE ME TWO MORE DAYS THEN I’LL BE BACK TO NORMAL. Seriously though. This past week was super stressful and I just have two more days left till my last midterm! and then two more midterms in about 3-4 weeks ugh :/
Hello, my name is Kyra. I’m a third year in college and I’m currently stu//dying//

But yes, tea! I got this in the sampler cube I bought from Harney like a month or so ago. Dry, it smells like mint with hints of lemon which I /really/ need right now.
I just took a sip and WOW IT’S WAY TOO HOT TOTALLY JUST BURNT MY TONGUE. But with that sip, I feel like I really taste the lemon verbena to the point that it’s not *that enjoyable? Ehh more peppermint would be nice :)

I got this as a sample in my recent order and decided to try it tonight as I wanted something new and a caffeine free tisane. My family used to grow Lemon Verbena and I always loved the smell. It’s a wonderful herb! I never thought of making it into a tea, though.

I’m not loving the smell of the mint and the verbena together – they kind of clash in my nose. I hope they mesh in the mug!

So far it’s a very mild blend. Not too minty, not really overly lemony either. This would be good with chamomile. My roommate is trying this tea with me tonight. He’s not usually a tea drinker, let’s see what he thinks. “Fine, but a funky aftertaste.”

That sounds about right. There is a light sour taste that lingers, which is somewhat cooled by the mint. I don’t know, I think I prefer these two ingredients separately.

This tea changed my life

Cofftea

How so?

Scott Rozic

i enjoy coffee, and have always wanted to really like tea. this is the tea, that i randomly first had outside of a cher show in las vegas, that made me realize that tea exceeds un cafe, and has led me to enjoyably explore the whole field of tea instead of trying to just find a better cup of coffee.

A refreshing iced tea. I love the simple combination of mint and lemon verbena. I only had two bags I bought as samples. I don’t know if it’s worthy to buy again, but still a very nice tea.

Got a sample of this at the Dallas World Aquarium. It is very light and tasty. The mint does not overpower…would be great after a meal or before bed. Before all was said and done I was wishing I had another sample….so it is added to my shopping list.

This tea is absolutely fabulous! I love mint tea anyway (especially iced in the summer) but this blend is stunning! This will brighten your moon and refresh your senses. I’ve got no complaints about this one.

TTB Tea 5: Right now, my tea is the only thing keeping me warm in the poorly insulated building where I work for one of my jobs.

I really like mint, so I was very interested in trying this one, and seeing how the other flavors play with the mint. Unfortunately, I’m getting mostly mint and not much else. If I had more, I’d be interested in playing around with the parameters to see what brings out the flavors that aren’t mint

Edit: Wow I said the word “mint” a lot in this very short review. Mint mint mint mint mint

The best lemon-mint tea I’ve had. I haven’t had many mint teas(4-5)but this was great. I probably haven’t been introduced to a high quality mint yet :p. First tried it at a local Crepes and Grapes with a soup and sandwich and I knew it was great from the first sip. The leaves fully unfurled in the pyramid satchet with an astonishing weight for a teabag. The liqour was not very murky at all compared to many bagged herbal teas Ive had, and the taste was more pleasant than astringent; lemon verbena present but maybe not as much in taste than aroma. Enjoyed every last sip and was able to resteep it for a second cup. Would recommend to lovers of mint herbal teas.

I’m not typically a mint tea fan, but I do like this tea. The verbena tones down the mint and has a lovely scent. It is also good iced.

Currently in tea fiend mode as I nearly inhaled a pot of gunpowder and realizing the time felt I should switch to something with no caffeine…anyways picked a couple packets (:o ) of this up at the Museum of Art a couple of days back and hadn’t tried it yet.
I am a thorough lover and mint but still don’t like any one scent overpowering a brew that should be working together,which this does,beautifully. Refreshing and invigorating,weird how that works but I couldn’t be happier with it! The taste is very clean and cool and like the smell neither taste completely dominates although mint gladly takes front role as always but is nice enough to let the verbena get some cheery notes through the finish…bliss.
Just what I needed right now,it’s definitely able to be enjoyed all day long as well I’m sure.
This also seems like a perfect companion for almost any tea,a nice delicate white,a grassy green or a solid black!
Looking forward to purchasing more.