Valentine's Blend

Black Teas, Chocolate Flavor, Rose Petals
Chocolate, Nuts, Rose
Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Harney & Sons

Our Valentine’s Tea blend is a romantic brew joining chocolate tea and rosebuds. In a red tin with our distinctive Valentine’s Blend label, this tea is a perfect gift for that special someone.

About Harney & Sons View company

Backlogging now that I’ve played around with this a few times .. Testing with less water, a longer steep time etc, but the flavour other reviews have written about continues to be somewhat elusive or at best too wishy-washy for my liking ..

The aroma of both dry leaves and steeped brew is a distinctive sweet chocolate/fruity/vanilla that I now associate with a lot of the H&S’s range (Paris, London, Florence, Blackcurrant, Valentine al have similar aromatic notes imho) ..

Though sadly, while I can smell the chocolate I can’t taste any – not even with the addition of milk & sugar .. There’s also no sight, smell, nor taste of any Rose in my sample :(

I’d personally pass on this and go for H&S Florence or Vanilla Comoro instead!

It’s Valentine’s Day, and I’m a sucker for seasonal/holiday teas! A pretty tin, a pretty blend, a pretty aroma, and a pretty good tea. Deep, dark chocolate aroma to the dark, dark leaves. The flavor of the infused tea is more muted but very smooth with pleasant cocoa notes and a shadow of rose scent; subsequent infusions have only chocolate hints but are still quite good.
Later—infused for 5 minutes, as recommended on tin: More flavorful cocoa flavor; chocolate notes remain with definite sweetness in second infusion. This is the way to go—

JacquelineM

Awww! :) I’m the same way. I wish I was enjoying a cup today too! Gotta work on that for next year.

Milk chocolatey, but not as good as H&S’ Florence. Seemed to lack depth and taste a bit artificial. Plus everyone at the table thought we tasted mint, although apparently there was none. Must have been power of suggestion or a taste-association with chocolate. Didn’t taste the rose (weren’t told they were in there). Good with milk and sugar, just not my favorite chocolate tea.

Mmm, I was attracted to the pretty tin, I must admit. But I tried some in a tea shop and loved it, even without sweetener (which is unusual for me). Rich, but not overpowering chocolate scented leaves that carries over to the cup. Doesn’t seem quite as heavy as the average chocolate tea.

Chocolate and roses sound like a delicious combination so I was excited to try this tea. It smells like chocolate and something else (maybe florals?) in the tea sachet, but in the cup the aroma is all chocolate. And oddly, I’m picking up hints that remind me of pu’er, though there isn’t any in this tea – it’s just a black tea. I don’t smell the roses, and I can’t taste them either. It tastes just like chocolate tea – similar to H&S Florence, but not quite (that one has hazelnut). It definitely has the same chocolate base. There is a little bit of an undertone in this tea but I can’t figure out what it’s supposed to be. Overall, it’s good, but not enough for me to buy a box. I wish the roses made more of an appearance.

Thanks go to Stella for sending me a sample of this one!

This is my first Chocolate tea and on the whole I liked it. I’m not a fan of rose, but somehow it pulled it off quite nicely, much to my surprise. That being said, the chocolate didn’t make make swoon, which, let’s be honest, is what I’m looking for. I’m reserving final judgement for my third steeping.

This is my kind of chocolate and roses. There’s a kick of peppery flavor too that I find quite lovely. :-)

This is the tea I hide and hoard for myself since it is a seasonal blend and I have to wait until the following year for more. The smooth chocolate flavor really comes alive with a bit of milk and sugar.

This is one of my absolute favorite blends and by far my favorite Harney & Sons tea. It goes perfectly with milk and a bit of sugar.

It smells far more chocolatey than it tastes, but it still tastes good. I bought a sample of this tea from Harney & Sons, and I’m not sure if I’ll buy more of it in the future. I didn’t get a ‘wow’ feeling from this tea.

Flavors: Chocolate