Egyptian Chamomile

Herbal Tea
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I should be asleep but I napped off and on all day because of the muscle relaxant I took. Now I want to go to bed but I just feel too restless. I have two bags left of this one that my friend...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes
  • “Another free sample from Harney, in sachet form. It's not bad, but nothing like the vibrant fresh apple-y wonderful loose chamomile I've purchased elsewhere. It tastes more like the meh chamomile I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This is so good! I noticed right away there is a strong, almost wild, smell of chamomile. It's so much stronger than other chamomiles I've tried. I'm glad I got this as a sample in my order. It...” Read full tasting note
    HighAdventure 122 tasting notes
  • “The hunt for the perfect chamomile continues. These bags are from the stash my coworkers collected whilst we were at conference...the hotel rooms had tea as well as coffee, and they gathered...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Calm the mind and body with Chamomile Herbal. The tea’s unique strong scent reminiscent of fresh green apples comes from the finest handpicked Egyptian Chamomile flower heads. The pale yellow chamomile brew is a delicious tea with a definite body and honey-sweet infusion. Served for centuries as a calmative, Chamomile is also the perfect nighttime tisane, quieting and calming.

About Harney & Sons View company

I should be asleep but I napped off and on all day because of the muscle relaxant I took. Now I want to go to bed but I just feel too restless. I have two bags left of this one that my friend sent, and they are awfully old but I decided to go ahead and steep one and see if it helps.

It has been a very long time since I had Celestial Seasonings Chamomile, but if I remember it correctly this one is a bit better. There is still a minty taste, and it is surprisingly sweet and honeyed when I sip it. I haven’t had much chamomile of any kind but I am enjoying this.

Missy

You are having a rough week there. I hope you get some rest and feel better soon.

Azzrian

Get better soon!

ashmanra

Thanks! I will be babying my back for about a week, and then getting busy building it back up. I have been shirking my physical therapy exercises and I knew in the back of my mind I should have been doing it…

Another free sample from Harney, in sachet form. It’s not bad, but nothing like the vibrant fresh apple-y wonderful loose chamomile I’ve purchased elsewhere. It tastes more like the meh chamomile I was used to before my revelatory super fresh chamomile experience…

This is so good! I noticed right away there is a strong, almost wild, smell of chamomile. It’s so much stronger than other chamomiles I’ve tried. I’m glad I got this as a sample in my order. It tastes strong, but good! It is possible to oversteep it, though. This got a little bitter on me.

The hunt for the perfect chamomile continues.

These bags are from the stash my coworkers collected whilst we were at conference…the hotel rooms had tea as well as coffee, and they gathered me a baggie full. So who knows how old they are, but I’m brewing them up anyway.

I must say, for being just straight, plain, no-frills chamomile, this isn’t too bad. I’m sure that fresher bags would make a difference, but this is very light and delicate and smooth. It’s definitely chamomile, but it’s not flowery. I could see this ending up as a regular part of my stash.

Best chamomile I’ve had. It has a nice sweetness to it and is beautiful to look at.

I decided to imbibe a cup of the filter bag Harney & Sons chamomile right after a sachet brewed cup, and confirmed that the latter is better than the former.

To be really sure, though, I’d have to brew this one in less water, because it obviously contains less tea. The difference is not merely that the filter bag contains powder while the sachet contains buds—which in any case I have crushed between my finger tips because I love the texture! The sound is needless to say much softer than that of popping bubble paper. .. More appropriate for bedtime. Au lit!

Flavors: Flowers

I’ve never had chamomile tea, so I thought I’d give this a shot. It was … okay? I sweetened it a bit, and it was better. I was too afraid to alter it too much, but I might be more daring next time I try it.

I love a strong cup of chamomile flowers brewed in a mug, with a few splashes of milk in it. Sipping it while reading a good book before bed helps me relax and I do feel noticeably sleepy after 3/4 of the brew is gone.