White Vanilla Grapefruit

Alcohol, Grapefruit, Vanilla, Citrus
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jeremy Meyers

From Harney & Sons

White teas enriched by vanilla and brightened by grapefruit bring forth the cleansing White Vanilla Grapefruit tea. Each refreshing brew reveals light and smooth citrus tones. The indulgent vanilla aroma, pleasantly surprising and suggestive of chocolate, engulfs the white tea in its sweet embrace. The whimsical fusion of white teas, vanilla, and fresh citrus makes for a complex yet wonderful equation.

About Harney & Sons View company

I am in the process of cleaning and reorganizing. My husband says it is early “nesting”. We are adding a 4th member of the family to a 900 sqaure foot condo…. nesting/reorganizing whatever you want to call it things have to go:) I am starting with the kitchen. Our dining room area will soon turn into the adult room with a pretty sweet murphy bed that is a bed by night and a kitchen table by day. In the process of rehoming some of the things in this space. I found a lonely single sachet of this tea tucked away in the cupboard. How it found its way up there I will never know.

I am really enjoying this cup today. I have had this before. Didn’t seem to enjoy as much last time. After letting my office water cool for 2 mins I let this steep for 1.5 mins and it is perfect. The vanilla is sweet and adds a nice creamy-ness to the tea. The grapefruit sneaks out in bursts with each sip and mingles well with the vanilla and tea base. This will go on my wish list for the next time I order from the store so I can pick up 2oz.

This tea is one of the first teas I ever had in a pyramid style sachet. It’s smooth and sweet with some really fantastic tart in the finish.

TeaEqualsBliss

I’m so glad you liked this one too!

Mellow and sweet with just enough tang from the grapefruit to provide balance.. This is a very nice tea. Easy to relax with, and easy to enjoy.

The taste of this was so strange I can’t tell if I like it or not! The vanilla is definitely the most dominant flavour, with a tiiiny hint of grapefruit coming through on the aftertaste. Kinda like a school kid left behind on a field trip.

Cofftea

I do realize that this is a different tea from a different company (that I haven’t tried yet), but I have had Adagio’s white grapefruit and I much prefer it at a 3 min steep vs the 7 they suggest. So, if you want tinker around, maybe that’d be something you’d like. Hope it works!:)

Miss Sweet

Ah, thanks for the hint – I usually follow the packet brewing instructions on first brew then play around the second but this was just a single teabag I picked up! Though I would be interested in buying another to see if a shorter brewing time would bring out the grapefruit more.

85 degree water with a 2 minute steep yielded plastic flavours with plastic undertones of more plastic. What the heck. This smelled like orange julius, and tastes absolutely nothing like it. I had to dump this cup unfortunately. Thanks Harney and Sons anyway for the free sample!

I don’t care for grapefruit, so it’s no wonder why I didn’t like this. However, I’m reviewing this for those that DO like grapefruit in a rather backwards way. The white tea and vanilla are lovely and delicate. The grapefruit, to me, tastes a lot like actual grapefruit. Which of course makes my entire face pucker and unavoidably jerk my head to the right. So, point being, grapefruit aficionados, give this a shot, as it passed my spastic test =(

Not sure what to think of this tea. Part of me kind of enjoys it, but for the most part it’s just not working for me. I got this as a sample sachet with my last order from Harney and I must say that the dry leaf smelled GREAT. But when I tasted it, it was just a bit too perfumey and the flavoring seemed to overpower the tea. Somehow it reminded me of a very subtle, white tea version of earl grey. It wasn’t bad, but I wouldn’t purchase it.

An interesting white tea with a hint of vanilla. The grapefruit has a pithy aftertaste to it rather than the fruit itself, but oddly enough I like it. It might be not quite what others expect, though. Use a low temperature and steep long, but not too long.

I really didn’t care for this tea the first time I tried it. I think I got the water temperature too high that time & let it steep for too long, resulting in bitterness.

This time was much better (lower temp & shorter steep). I tried it plain & that was good but then I added a piece of rock sugar & a bit of milk and that was even better. :)

This tea smells amazing and the vanilla flavor is quite interesting. You know how they say books smell a bit like vanilla because of the lignin (similar to vanillin), which is in wood-based paper? The vanilla taste in this tea is kind of similar to that smell, if that makes sense. There is a nuttiness & kind of a woody flavor that is very unique.

The grapefruit flavor doesn’t really stand out to me, but there is a hint of citrus. I tried this again later, cold-brewed & it is very refreshing this way. It tasted very cleaner and brighter and smelled so good!

Tastes very similar to their Wedding blend.
It’s good, it’s good, but probably not one of my go-to teas of choice.