White Vanilla Grapefruit

Fruit White Blend
Vanilla
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jeremy Meyers

• “Intriguing tea. The white base here is of the stronger more robust variety, bordering on woody. I cold brewed mine. I can imagine that this one is sensitive to oversteeping with hot water. The base...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 500 tasting notes
  • “LOVE the gentle mixture of aromas in this! I'm still going against the grain here and enjoying this tea! Even tho I seem to be in the minority...I'm standing my ground! :) The vanilla cuts the...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! (242) Thanks *mercuryhime* for sharing this one with me. I tried the last of this as a cold brew and it was pretty tasty. Still no grapefruit taste to speak of but it's quite a nice...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4714 tasting notes
  • “This was a freebie that came with my latest Harney & Sons order. When I opened the package, I "eek"ed out loud because the sachet was not properly sealed. Tea almost spilled everywhere. The whole...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 467 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

White teas enriched by vanilla and brightened by grapefruit bring forth the cleansing White Vanilla Grapefruit tea. Each refreshing brew reveals light and smooth citrus tones. The indulgent vanilla aroma, pleasantly surprising and suggestive of chocolate, engulfs the white tea in its sweet embrace. The whimsical fusion of white teas, vanilla, and fresh citrus makes for a complex yet wonderful equation.

About Harney & Sons View company

I ran out of tea at work yesterday and found this sachet in the back of my drawer. Who knows how long it had been there so I have no idea how old the tea was. This was an interesting cup for me. When I first sipped I got the vanilla and then i got hit by the citrus. It was the after taste that got me. The after taste of the citrus left me thinking citrus cleaner. It may have been the oldness of the tea. Seeing the very positive reviews of the tea I don’t want to write this one off yet.

This tea is one of the first teas I ever had in a pyramid style sachet. It’s smooth and sweet with some really fantastic tart in the finish.

TeaEqualsBliss

I’m so glad you liked this one too!

Mellow and sweet with just enough tang from the grapefruit to provide balance.. This is a very nice tea. Easy to relax with, and easy to enjoy.

The taste of this was so strange I can’t tell if I like it or not! The vanilla is definitely the most dominant flavour, with a tiiiny hint of grapefruit coming through on the aftertaste. Kinda like a school kid left behind on a field trip.

Cofftea

I do realize that this is a different tea from a different company (that I haven’t tried yet), but I have had Adagio’s white grapefruit and I much prefer it at a 3 min steep vs the 7 they suggest. So, if you want tinker around, maybe that’d be something you’d like. Hope it works!:)

Miss Sweet

Ah, thanks for the hint – I usually follow the packet brewing instructions on first brew then play around the second but this was just a single teabag I picked up! Though I would be interested in buying another to see if a shorter brewing time would bring out the grapefruit more.

85 degree water with a 2 minute steep yielded plastic flavours with plastic undertones of more plastic. What the heck. This smelled like orange julius, and tastes absolutely nothing like it. I had to dump this cup unfortunately. Thanks Harney and Sons anyway for the free sample!

I don’t care for grapefruit, so it’s no wonder why I didn’t like this. However, I’m reviewing this for those that DO like grapefruit in a rather backwards way. The white tea and vanilla are lovely and delicate. The grapefruit, to me, tastes a lot like actual grapefruit. Which of course makes my entire face pucker and unavoidably jerk my head to the right. So, point being, grapefruit aficionados, give this a shot, as it passed my spastic test =(

Not sure what to think of this tea. Part of me kind of enjoys it, but for the most part it’s just not working for me. I got this as a sample sachet with my last order from Harney and I must say that the dry leaf smelled GREAT. But when I tasted it, it was just a bit too perfumey and the flavoring seemed to overpower the tea. Somehow it reminded me of a very subtle, white tea version of earl grey. It wasn’t bad, but I wouldn’t purchase it.

An interesting white tea with a hint of vanilla. The grapefruit has a pithy aftertaste to it rather than the fruit itself, but oddly enough I like it. It might be not quite what others expect, though. Use a low temperature and steep long, but not too long.

I really didn’t care for this tea the first time I tried it. I think I got the water temperature too high that time & let it steep for too long, resulting in bitterness.

This time was much better (lower temp & shorter steep). I tried it plain & that was good but then I added a piece of rock sugar & a bit of milk and that was even better. :)

This tea smells amazing and the vanilla flavor is quite interesting. You know how they say books smell a bit like vanilla because of the lignin (similar to vanillin), which is in wood-based paper? The vanilla taste in this tea is kind of similar to that smell, if that makes sense. There is a nuttiness & kind of a woody flavor that is very unique.

The grapefruit flavor doesn’t really stand out to me, but there is a hint of citrus. I tried this again later, cold-brewed & it is very refreshing this way. It tasted very cleaner and brighter and smelled so good!

Tastes very similar to their Wedding blend.
It’s good, it’s good, but probably not one of my go-to teas of choice.