White Vanilla Grapefruit

Fruit White Blend
Vanilla
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jeremy Meyers

• “Intriguing tea. The white base here is of the stronger more robust variety, bordering on woody. I cold brewed mine. I can imagine that this one is sensitive to oversteeping with hot water. The base...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 500 tasting notes
  • “LOVE the gentle mixture of aromas in this! I'm still going against the grain here and enjoying this tea! Even tho I seem to be in the minority...I'm standing my ground! :) The vanilla cuts the...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! (242) Thanks *mercuryhime* for sharing this one with me. I tried the last of this as a cold brew and it was pretty tasty. Still no grapefruit taste to speak of but it's quite a nice...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4653 tasting notes
  • “This was a freebie that came with my latest Harney & Sons order. When I opened the package, I "eek"ed out loud because the sachet was not properly sealed. Tea almost spilled everywhere. The whole...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 467 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

White teas enriched by vanilla and brightened by grapefruit bring forth the cleansing White Vanilla Grapefruit tea. Each refreshing brew reveals light and smooth citrus tones. The indulgent vanilla aroma, pleasantly surprising and suggestive of chocolate, engulfs the white tea in its sweet embrace. The whimsical fusion of white teas, vanilla, and fresh citrus makes for a complex yet wonderful equation.

About Harney & Sons View company

I’m really loving this tea, and it’s fast becoming one of my favorite after-dinner brews. It’s pretty much as described, kind of like a more tart creamsicle with a bit of the depth of white tea.

Do be careful though, it is sensitive to overbrewing, where the overbrewed tea leaves clash nastily with the grapefruit and gets extra bitter.

It should be amazing on ice, though I haven’t tried it yet.

Bought a sachet of this when we were out this last weekend. Normally, I don’t like flavored tea but couldn’t resist the vanilla/grapefruit combo. The smell of this tea upon opening the packet was almost enough to put me off. It was sort of sickeningly sweet. I can taste the grapefruit and the vanilla is more a smell I get when drinking. I was really hoping I could add this to my list of ‘must haves’ from Harney but alas! ’Tis not to be.

A really delicious tea, but don’t let it steep too long. The flavors (White/Vanilla/Grapefruit) don’t seem to go together quite as well as the White Christmas Tea (White/Vanilla/Almond.) I thought the Grapefruit was an exciting kick, though.

This is one of the best teas I’ve ever had! :)

So, like. I subscribe to Birchbox. If you already know, it is a subscription site where for ten dollars a month you get five samples of beauty items. When I joined, I said I was low maintenance and interested in food samples, so for this month, I got two tea satchels: White Vanilla Grapefruit and Paris, and well, I already know and very much in love with Paris!

I would’ve never thought to combine vanilla and grapefruit. It’s a very interesting melding of flavors. I first tasted the vanilla, truth be told, but as I further sipped, I tasted more and more of the grapefruit flavor. It’s a nice simple flavored tea. I think I would buy it when I allow myself to make tea orders again.

Flavors: Vanilla

Not sure I like this one. I got it as a sample with my last Harney & Sons order but unfortunately I’m not a grapefruit fan and this is far too bitter for me. I’m also not much of a white tea fan so far. Not enough flavor. This has a nice, sweet vanilla note but then the grapefruit follows it up like a punch in the face. The tea itself is there but it’s very mild and almost stale-tasting.

I disliked this tea way too much. White Vanilla Grapefruit sounds so delicious, but it was too bitter. The vanilla smelled wonderful, but I couldn’t taste it. It only got worse as it cooled down. I can still taste the grapefruit.

This is by far my best tea. I love white tea and in this tea you can notice it easily. Vanilla blends extremely well with white tea. Just try it you won’t be disappointed.

Refreshing first sensation, pleasant chocolatey notes throughout and lingering. The grapefruit is very, very subtle but the lightness of this citrus addition cuts the creaminess perfectly.

I especially like this tea with dessert.