Dragon Pearl Jasmine

Green Tea, Jasmine
Jasmine, Grass, Sweet, Flowers
Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Here's my celebratory Year of the Dragon tea! I have to remember not to over-tea myself on this one, which is hard not to do because it lasts for so many steeps. And it's so delicious it's hard to...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1937 tasting notes
  • “This is a sample I received in my latest Harney and Sons order. I am going take a second to thank all the tea companies for giving out samples. I just think it is awesome. It seems like 10-15...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “I say go big or go home. So, when I decided that I wanted to do a little Harney & Sons vs. Samovar match up of course it turned into a much bigger ordeal than heating up a couple of cups of tea. I...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “I have been meaning to try this for a while. Thanks to *Russel Allyn* and *Harney and Sons* I can! They sent a free sample of the loose leaf version. I have only had one other Jasmine Dragon...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1815 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

This is a masterpiece from Fuan, China. Beautiful little hand rolled pearls are gently infused with the floral essences from Jasmine flowers. The tea is a delight to look at and its brew also delivers. The light colored brew is full of floral and sweet aromas. Always a delight.

About Harney & Sons View company

This tea is tasty. I brewed it at 175 degrees with three teaspoons of leaves for 18 oz. I gave it 3 min. The jasmine flavor is quite prominent. There is both a taste and separate aftertaste of the Jasmine. The flavor of the tea itself is just a little weak, not exactly off, just weak and missing some flavor. Still, I am glad I bought it.

Flavors: Jasmine

Sample box 15/18

Tightly coiled pearls with a distinct, not-too-perfumey jasmine scent. The pearls unfurl during brewing to fill up the sachet, which fortunately does leave enough room for them. The tea brews out to be very smooth, light and a tad sweet, not very vegetal, and definitely more forgiving toward longer steep times than some other greens I’ve encountered. The jasmine fragrance is pleasant, fresh, and not overwhelming. Overall a very nice jasmine tea that is definitely above average.

Always a cheering tea. I had 3 steeps to help me recover from another long talky day. I needed a boost and it provided. Lovely jasmine scent but not that strong floral almost begonia scent of some and then a strong green tea taste behind it. The jasmine backs off after the first steep but still a fine and gently scented green!

I got a silken sachet of this as a free sample with my H&S order. It looks similar to other jasmine pearl teas I’ve tried. The pearl are small and tightly rolled with very dark green leaves and silvery threads interwoven. There are about 20 or so pearls in my sachet. There is a very powerful and sweet jasmine scent as soon as I open the pouch, along with a touch of light vegetal aroma – maybe lettuce? I brewed my sachet for 3 minutes.

The brewed tea smells similar to the leaf, but in a much subtler way. The jasmine is still the main element, but it does not seem as perfumey now, and I can catch a scent of buttery, mild green tea. Tasting this tea, the jasmine seems more mild than it has been in other jasmine pearl teas I’ve had before, and I definitely appreciate this. The green tea base is mild and sweet, and it reminds me more of fresh leaves than vegetables. There is a slight floral aftertaste.

I don’t know, after trying some straight green teas (admittedly, they’re been mostly Japanese and this is a Chinese tea, so I’m sure there’s a lot of difference) I just don’t find myself enjoying this style of tea as much. It is definitely a calming cup, though.

Flavors: Grass, Jasmine, Sweet

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

They’ve been out of the jasmine pearls at my grocery store where they sell tea from a local company, so I was really glad to get some of this in a small swap. I had this tea yesterday at work.

I like this tea. I love jasmine. It’s a really nice jasmine. It doesn’t completely overwhelm the tea, but it’s definitely strong on the jasmine scale. It was exactly what I wanted and needed yesterday.

Got this as a free sample. Compared to Teavana’s Jasmine Oolong, this is pretty close. A little lighter jasmine taste to it, but for the price and taste, I may try buying it for a while.

Great taste for me! I love jasmine!

John Harney Appreciation Tea #3

These dragon pearls are truly delicious, and the sachet holds enough tea to be able to resteep for a second equally wonderful glass. A shining example of the Harney commitment to both quality and value.

sad sipdown…

After tasting a ton of jasmine teas and then coming back to this one for the final cup in my tin… I still think this is the best one I’ve had to date. Definitely going to miss having this staple in my cupboard until I allow myself to repurchase teas.

Woo first tasting note! I had given up caffeine for Lent (and let me tell you it was the longest 40 days ever) so now that Easter is over, I’m back at my lovely caffeinated teas. I actually had a cup of this yesterday but was so busy with family that I didn’t get a chance to log it! I guess this would be called a sipdown since it’s the last of a sample given to me by the lovely jump62359! She literally always talks about this tea and how she grew up on it and I was so excited to try it so thank you Kyra :‘) And can i just say: WOW. Normally I’m not a fan of green teas. Like at all. It’s very rare that I find green teas that I actually enjoy but this one was amazing!

Okay first can we talk about how cute this tea looks? It came in a little silk triangle teabag but the tea leaves are all rolled up into balls (hence the ‘pearls’ I would assume haha) and after brewing they expand and just AHH. Also the smell is so lovely, I could literally wear this tea as a perfume that’s how great it smells. I had to look up brewing instructions online because I’ve heard about the delicacy of these leaves and how it’s quite easy for a nice cuppa to turn bitter really fast. I boiled the water and left it to cool down a little bit (didn’t want to burn the leaves or anything!) and then left the bag to steep for about 3 and a half minutes, which left me with a beautiful light colour. This time, I actually added a teaspoon of sugar into my mug (I know, I know, normally not what you do with green teas but I have a sweet tooth … sue me) and it tasted fabulous. Just wow two thumbs up. Definitely putting this on my “to buy” list!

jump62359

Dude Flo. Your notes are perf ♥♥
Ahh I should have known to sent you more jasmine teas! I have about six different kinds and I love them all so much. BUT GO TO DAVIDS and get a frequent steeper card AND GET SOME BUTTERFLY JASMINE. Yeah, it’s on the pricier end, but that is by far the best jasmine tea I’ve ever had

awoogah

I totally always think of you whenever I see jasmine teas now as you’ll find out soon enough when you receive my package [evil chuckle] BUT YEAH I have a frequent steeper card at DAVIDs because I be steepin’ 24/7 man. Totally going to get some :D

jump62359

Freakin DAVIDs making you go in store to pick up a card, dang. IT’S SEVEN HOURS AWAY WHAT THE HECK ((but I’ll totally be home for the weekend bc of my sister’s graduation and maybe, just maybe, I can convince my parents to a trip into the city hehe))

Casey and I decided to go out to dinner last night, and I brought some tea samples with me. (Maybe some will think I am incredibly rude. I only do this at more casual restaurants, and I insist upon paying for the hot water as if they were serving me their tea, and if they don’t charge me, I make up for it in the servers tip. So I’m comfortable enough doing this, although I probably seem like a crazy person, which, well, is accurate.)

I was not expecting to like this at all. Harney & Sons teas are very hit and miss with me. This was really good, however. I also really liked the sachet was translucent enough that you almost couldn’t tell that it was there. It’s always a nice visual treat to watch pearl tea unfurl. I could see making this a staple jasmine tea in my cupboard.