Dragon Pearl Jasmine

Green Tea, Jasmine
Jasmine, Grass, Sweet, Flowers
Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Here's my celebratory Year of the Dragon tea! I have to remember not to over-tea myself on this one, which is hard not to do because it lasts for so many steeps. And it's so delicious it's hard to...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1979 tasting notes
  • “This is a sample I received in my latest Harney and Sons order. I am going take a second to thank all the tea companies for giving out samples. I just think it is awesome. It seems like 10-15...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “I say go big or go home. So, when I decided that I wanted to do a little Harney & Sons vs. Samovar match up of course it turned into a much bigger ordeal than heating up a couple of cups of tea. I...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “I have been meaning to try this for a while. Thanks to *Russel Allyn* and *Harney and Sons* I can! They sent a free sample of the loose leaf version. I have only had one other Jasmine Dragon...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1832 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

This is a masterpiece from Fuan, China. Beautiful little hand rolled pearls are gently infused with the floral essences from Jasmine flowers. The tea is a delight to look at and its brew also delivers. The light colored brew is full of floral and sweet aromas. Always a delight.

About Harney & Sons View company

Like I said in my other tasting note, I went to afternoon tea where they served Harney & Sons! The tea I ordered became bitter very quickly, so I stole a few cups from my friend’s pot of this lovely tea. I’m pretty picky about my jasmine teas because I can be on the fence about jasmine in general, but this one really hit the spot. It had a very clean jasmine taste that wasn’t too perfume-y or astringent like ones I’ve had in the past. It did become bitter, but only because the leaves were left to steep in the teapot between cups. When I finally put in an order with H&S, I will be sure to include this one! Oh, and the restaurant used the same teapot (but in white) that I have at home to serve the teas in! It was so nice seeing my teapot in a fancy place :)

Anna

Adding this one to the list. =)

My first experience with this tea was on Maui and I thought I had gone to heaven. Simply my favorite jasmine tea.

This is my favorite tea! It is a mild green/white tea with delicious jasmine. It is flavorful and smells so good! This is my go to tea!

This is a beautiful tea.

The first time I tried this, I brewed this by itself. I did not care for it one bit. However, it stayed in my tea cabinet, and I was really drawn to it tonight.

Since I didn’t like the heavy floral notes last time, I decided to blend it with a green (Mother’s Tea by Life in a Teacup, which I also think is quite good.)

I put about four pearls in with a small amount of green, and the result is a vegetal/grassy flavor with a floral finish. I love it.

I wound up having to spend the day breaking up frozen snow, because I didn’t get it shoveled in time due to illness. Although I liked the work, I am now sore all over. This was a wonderful pick after a hot bath, cheered me right back up. I think I’ll finish out the sample packet this way, blending it rather than using it alone.

I’m not a big fan of Jasmine teas, but this was pretty okay!

Man, this tea… this tea is fabulous. The tea is beautifully rolled into big beads of delicious silver leaves with a heady jasmine aroma! Watching the agony of the leaves with this cup is so awesome. It tastes like ambrosia from heaven, too. Literally, this tea is like eating a pound of jasmine flowers, only it probably tastes a whole lot better. It is so smooth and the mouthfeel and soft and light. I usually drink it by itself (so good alone) but sometimes for dessert I like a little sugar in there. Please give this one a go, it’s delicious.

I have to put this somewhere in the middle. I don’t like green tea, and on an average day, I won’t drink this. But if I have a cold, so help me, this is the only thing I can stomach. I don’t know why!

This tea is one of my absolute favorites. In my quest for the perfect/affordable jasmine tea, this one comes rather close. (I buy it loose by the pound, on clearance, which means that it’s a tiny bit older than they’re “comfortable” selling at retail prices. It still tastes awesome, so I’m over it.) Good both hot and iced. Sometimes I oversteep, but tiny bit of stevia takes care of any minimal bitterness.

I LOVE Jasmine teas, and I found this one to be lacking in the Jasmine flavor and rather bland.

Definately can only get one brew out of a bag; trying for a second is a futile effort.

(I’m drinking the bagged version)