English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by shotwell

• “My tin is getting dangerously low, and I bought the one pound bag! It is almost gone... It is finally a really cold morning here. I needed some warmth to look forward to after breakfast. Tea...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes
  • “Second tea of the morning...... We will just call this "the parade of Keemuns". I am trying to get an idea of which basic Keemun is the best flavor profile for me. I have three in a similar...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 956 tasting notes
  • “Apparently I'm on a bit of a Harney & Sons sampling kick. I'd like to say I'm going to be methodical about it and stick mostly to these for a while but that would probably be misleading. I have...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes
  • “This is a nice Keemun with a peppery taste. This is a very smooth tea with a slight sweetness to it. It has a very slight smoky aftertaste. A nice cup of tea in the morning.” Read full tasting note
    Maniac49 429 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Our English Breakfast has an ancient pedigree. Researchers have traced its heritage back to the black tea the English drank regularly in the 1800’s. 100% Keemun.

www.harney.com

About Harney & Sons View company

This is our daily go-to household tea. It has a rich, slightly floral aroma and the low astringency we prefer. I usually drink this brewed strong, steeped long, and with honey and half&half added. This tea feels substantial, but it doesn’t take up so much attention that it has to stand alone.

Not as strong as I’m used to. I hate to say, but i preferred pg tips over this when stained a bit with milk. However, the english breakfast is the clear winner when enjoyed straight.

Lighter than other keemuns I’ve tasted yet still a well-rounded flavor and enough smoothness and body to drink it straight… I sometimes add almond milk to black tea to accomplish that. The slight caramel sweetness was just right but there was also a little perfuminess that was just a note or two too much for me to make this a staple, though I’d be happy to drink it in a restaurant.

Some years ago, my mom received a gift basket with some Harney’s English Breakfast tea included. She gave it to me and I thought it was the smoothest EB tea, with no bitterness. This was before the internet included so much, and I searched off and on for a few years before I found a place to buy it. I have loved it since and it is still my favorite to drink in the morning while at work. It is fairly robust and I brew it about 4 to 5 minutes at the most. Now that I have found Harney’s website, I hope to try more of their teas.

This is a fine, dark brew with an ever so slight smokiness and a crisp, dry finish. Just a touch of cream and sugar will round out the flavor and soften the edges, but too much will chase away its complexity. It has a bold yet subtle and slightly mysterious character, like a demure beauty whose understated elegance belies a ruthless cunning.

My first keemun, and not a disappointment. A bit smokey, but with a surprising flowery aftertaste, especially on subsequent brews. I prefer maltier brews for breakfast teas though.

Very nice and smooth tea Breakfast Tea. Not too strong, but quite tasty. Definitely a great way to start off my morning (except that “brunch” turned out to be 1pm!)