Black Currant Iced Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Iced

• “I am in love with Harney & Sons. They have swept me off my feet, I want all their tea..... I bought this yesterday and made an iced tea jug.....have to say, I didn't love it iced. It may just...” Read full tasting note
    Lilysmom 31 tasting notes
  • “The weather is getting hot these day so I dug out my tea and made a pitcher of iced tea. Steeped according to the directions it's nice and refreshing although I do wish there was a bit more black...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1607 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Strong notes of black currants are masterfully blended with hand-picked full-leaf organic Chinese black tea resulting in a rich and fruity blend.

About Harney & Sons View company

I am in love with Harney & Sons. They have swept me off my feet, I want all their tea…..

I bought this yesterday and made an iced tea jug…..have to say, I didn’t love it iced. It may just be that I am not at all used to black tea iced, or ?maybe I steeped too long….in any case, I found it bitter…..

I thought I would try it this morning as a hot tea….ok newbie steepster question……any reason this (iced) tea would not make a good hot tea? It comes in those big bags for iced tea, so I just cut one open and brewed up as I would any flavoured black…..very….nice….hot……smooth, tart berries, crisp and very flavourful…..love it hot……

Harney & Sons…..come to Canada…..have another online sale…..please…..

canadianadia

Hmmm…that’s a good question. I don’t see why any tea intended to be iced would not make a good hot tea. It seems your experiment has already proved this, but I suppose it may not be true of all iced teas? hmmm…sounds like a fun experiment

OMGsrsly

When I ice black teas I use a lot of leaves, and much cooler water for less time – usually I let the kettle cool 10 minutes (2 litre kettle), then steep 2 minutes. It helps with the bitter/astringent components. Also, a teensy pinch of baking soda in with the tea leaves can help. IDK how stores can make such delicious iced black teas, because I struggle to make them at home.

Oh, you could also cold steep..

Cavocorax

I’m glad you’re enjoying them. Also, yeah… I wish they had better shipping to Canada or something.

Lilysmom

My H&S order shipped today!

Lilysmom

I made this again as an iced jug, after reading all the raves about this tea on the Harney site. But, as an iced tea, it’s just too bitter for me. Maybe I steeped too long or not the right water / tea ratio, coukd be. Or I think black iced tea just might not be for me.

The weather is getting hot these day so I dug out my tea and made a pitcher of iced tea. Steeped according to the directions it’s nice and refreshing although I do wish there was a bit more black currant/berry flavour. The base is smooth and not bitter, which is a problem I’ve noticed with some iced tea.

Because I’m Canadian I like my iced tea sweet, although the commercially available bottled and powdered iced teas are way too sugary, so one plus of making my own is that I can control the amount of sweetener (in this case agave nectar) that I add.

Iced
CupofTree

This one sounds good, I love Harney & Sons. I really wanted to send you a PM after reading that you study Natural Resources because that’s what I’m studying as well and I don’t know anybody else who is! (short of a few fellow online students)
I am focusing on Forest science because I love trees more than anything. Do you have a specific area of interest as well?

Lilysmom

I bought this today and am trying it now. Maybe I prepped it wrong? Holy moly is it bitter. Not much berry flavour, blech. I think I am going to dump it. How sad!