Organic Green with Citrus & Gingko Iced

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
160 °F / 71 °C

From Harney & Sons

Smooth Organic green tea masterfully blended with refreshing Organic lemongrass and Organic gingko biloba leaves. A truly exceptional blend.

About Harney & Sons View company

Not the iced version the hot version – bagged
Pretty good :)

Green Tea, lemon/citrus, Gingko…nice!

Thanks! Kristin!!!!

I like this it smells so good and it tastes so unique and relaxing.

180 °F / 82 °C

This is the brewed green tea that my local coffee shop serves. Not sure if they make the bagged version or the loose, but it has a really smooth taste. It always strikes me as a green you could like even if you don’t like green tea.
The flavor is heavy on the lemongrass which I like but might be too much for some.
I’ve been going there for four years now and always get a lemon wedge. But today they threw in a lime wedge. I shrugged. Heck, I love the lime. Why not squeeze it? Regret! So be warned extra citrus lovers…

GCTTB

I decided to cold brew this one. I think it’s impacting the flavour of it. It is a bit unusual. Must be gingko. I’ve never had gingko before, and I’m not sure if I’ll try it again. We’ll see. The citrus comes out in the aftertaste. It was ok. Maybe it would be different if it was hot brewed then iced.

I picked up this iced tea at my local Chapters bookstore at the end of the summer when they discount all their summer stock to make way for the incoming fall products. Unfortunately each large teabag is intended to make a gallon of tea and I only have a smaller 2 L pitcher so steeping times and quantities are at best a guesstimate. The steeping instructions on the tin said boiling water for 15 minutes – which I ignored as it was obviously just copied over from the black tea-based iced teas without taking into account the more delicate green tea base. The water I used was 80°C and I steeped the large tea bag in 2 cups of water for 4 minutes and then added iced and cold water to make up the 2 L volume. It is convenient having the iced tea in a bag which saves me having to filter the brewed tea and results in much less mess.

Despite the reduced steeping time I found the base to be a bit bitter and it took a fair bit of my homemade simple syrup to make it palatable. The flavour isn’t citrusy lemon, instead it’s pretty obviously derived from lemongrass and that adds to the strong herbal undertone which I’m not terribly fond of. It’s a refreshing tea, I’ll give it that, but it’s not to my taste.

Iced