Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Alannah

• “This was definitely an impulse buy at the grocery store, they had several different kinds of Hawaiian Island Teas and I chose this one. I decided to use two teabags in a large-ish mug. Eh, it isn't...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2355 tasting notes
  • “Okay, I'm drinking this as I write about it so I can hopefully do a better job this time. I don't get any coconut OR macadamia flavour from this, and no sweetness at all. There's a definite taste...” Read full tasting note
    alannahrose 433 tasting notes
  • “I give this tea a 'meh'. It's not bad for a red rooibos-based tea but it's not spectacularly _good_ either. I can sorta taste the coconut and a creaminess that that might or might not the be the...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1587 tasting notes
  • “I was in Hawaii and spotted this box at a market. It is a rooibos, but I'm not really tasting the rooibos which is fine by me. I added a little sugar. I get a very distinct macadamia nut flavor and...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 446 tasting notes

From Hawaiian Islands Tea Company

A 100% caffeine-free Tropical Nut Tea. macadamia nut, considered by some to be the world’s finest nut, and coconut combine with herbal rooibos to make this fragrant, flavorful and satisfying tropical herbal tea.

About Hawaiian Islands Tea Company View company

This was definitely an impulse buy at the grocery store, they had several different kinds of Hawaiian Island Teas and I chose this one. I decided to use two teabags in a large-ish mug. Eh, it isn’t terrible but not that great either. It tastes of mostly rooibos and I was hoping for something with more of a punchy flavor in terms of the coconut or the macadamia. I added some soymilk and some coconut extract to this and that did improve upon the flavor slightly but it still leaves something to be desired. Anyway I am also giving it a solid “meh”

Will Work For Tea

Solid “meh” – lol

Scott B

What about adding Chocolate extract?

TeaBrat

I might have to try that next, it does need something

Okay, I’m drinking this as I write about it so I can hopefully do a better job this time. I don’t get any coconut OR macadamia flavour from this, and no sweetness at all. There’s a definite taste to it, but I guess I can’t recognize what that is, so I can’t put a name on it. I brewed this pretty strong this go ‘round and it didn’t get bitter, but it made that taste even “louder” so to speak. I guess one word to describe this tea is weird. I can’t really describe it and I don’t really love it, but it’s different.

I give this tea a ‘meh’. It’s not bad for a red rooibos-based tea but it’s not spectacularly good either. I can sorta taste the coconut and a creaminess that that might or might not the be the macadamia nut, but none of the flavours really shout out to me; they’re there but at a background level.

gmathis

In theory, this sounds wonderful - sorry it didn’t actually execute well. :)

I was in Hawaii and spotted this box at a market. It is a rooibos, but I’m not really tasting the rooibos which is fine by me. I added a little sugar. I get a very distinct macadamia nut flavor and a creaminess like young coconut. The two flavors pair well into an almost chocolate like flavor, but it isn’t a very exciting decaf option… at least at the moment. As the cup cools I get a bit of the rooibos dry mouth feeling. I wonder if my opinion will change if I drink this when I’m in a better mood.

I’m having a bit of a hard time drinking this one right now. For some reason I was feeling fine and then I took the first sip and it felt like the back of my throat became very raw. T_T

Anyway, this is another tea that says natural flavoring in the ingredients and that drives me nuts because that doesn’t say much. Just go look up natural flavoring on Google and you’ll see what I mean. So to me this is mainly a Rooibos tea with a bit of added something. I’m assuming it’s coconut seeing as how that’s what this tea is called.

Regardless it’s a good Rooibos. There’s just not much to it.

I only had 1 bag of this, which my non-tea-drinking mom got in the mail free with some Hawaiian black sand. I drank it yesterday, but it left an impression. I can still write about it.

I didn’t let the water get hot enough, so I let it steep longer than the recommended 1-3 minutes. I’m weird. Anyway, it was sweet. I thought I could taste the macadamia, but I’m really not sure what all was in it. It wasn’t coconutty, which was nice for me. It was hard to describe, but it was definitely sweet. For all I know, it could have had rooibos in it. There was something in there that wasn’t sweet (wasn’t bitter), but I couldn’t place it. It was definitely more than coconut (if it actually had that) and macadamia! I wasn’t sure when I was drinking it whether or not I thought I tasted fruit in there. It wasn’t floral. It confused me quite a bit. I probably won’t be looking for it to buy.