Passion Fruit Na Pali

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Pamela Dean

• “Trying this again. Hopefully the review sticks to the right tea this time. :) This most definitely tastes of “exotic tropical fruit.” It’s lightly sweet and smells very good. The tea base is...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 517 tasting notes
  • “DISCLAIMER: Very old tea. Do not rely on this review to judge this tea or company! The third of the ancient teas. Dry, this one does have a bit of a fruity smell, different than the mango tea....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Encouraged by being pleasantly surprised by the Mango Maui, I decided to continue trying out these teas that my sister purchased for me during her honeymoon. :) Apparently wherever they source...” Read full tasting note
    Chizakura 111 tasting notes
  • “I got this at my local Japanese store. I was looking forward to passion fruit flavor. I LOVE anything passion fruit. It's hard to find products that include it, since it's so pricey here in the...” Read full tasting note
    MelissaW 252 tasting notes

From Hawaiian Islands Tea Company

Sip the exotic fragrance and unique flavor of our Passion Fruit Na Pali black tea. The Passion Fruit is called the “taste of the tropics.” Our superior black tea is from hand picked tea leaves withered, rolled and fully process using orthodox methods. The result is a quality tea with the unique flavor and smooth taste of our fragrant and flavorful Passion Fruit Na Pali tea. The tea brews a full bodied liquor from Camellia sinensis tea leaves, with an added tropical aroma and flavor of Passion Fruit, giving this tea a clean, smooth taste and a pleasant lingering finish.

About Hawaiian Islands Tea Company View company

Trying this again. Hopefully the review sticks to the right tea this time. :)

This most definitely tastes of “exotic tropical fruit.” It’s lightly sweet and smells very good. The tea base is pretty light. It’s okay hot but cold it’s really good. Continues the preference I seem to have for fruit teas only when cold.

Thanks, CK, for the chance to try this!

The third of the ancient teas. Dry, this one does have a bit of a fruity smell, different than the mango tea. Somewhat promising, but it’s unlikely to be any different than the first two :P

Steeped, there’s a definite fruity smell as well.

Argh, I let this one cool too much, and all I can taste is cardboardy, astringent black tea. I think there was potential at a warmer temperature, but it’s too late now. I really don’t want this cup. Into the sink you go…

Apparently wherever they source the flavoring for the Mango Maui are used again for this one. The scent of the teabag was exactly the same except with a bit of a tartness to it, despite the different fruit. Part of me is worrying about the sudden intake of chemicals, but a cup here and there can’t hurt too much.

As it turns out, it’s not just the smell that tastes pretty much the same, but the taste does too. =/ Which is kinda disappointing. When you have assorted flavors in a box, you kinda expect them to taste different. That said, the tea is surprisingly good to begin with, so it’s not a total loss. The main difference between this and the Mango Maui is that it’s less sweet tasting, which tickles the temptation to add a bit of sugar to remedy this.

Anyway, I can’t see myself purchasing these teas for myself (assuming it’s available outside of Hawaii) but it’s perfectly unoffensive, especially since it was a gift. :) I’ll still be keeping one teabag of each flavor in the box as a memento.

Only one more flavor to try from the box. :)

I got this at my local Japanese store. I was looking forward to passion fruit flavor. I LOVE anything passion fruit. It’s hard to find products that include it, since it’s so pricey here in the USA. It shouldn’t be though.

I made this into an iced tea. The passion fruit is in a perfect strength, and very real tasting. You can’t smell it, but it’s there. I might have to check out the other flavors they offer. The black tea in it is brisk and refreshing. No astringency.

I have some passion fruit puree in my freezer, I might have to make a fun drink with this tea!

For a tea that tastes so good it sure has a funky pre-steeped smell. I felt that 2 mins of steeping is the right amount to get a good flavor without making it bitter. Its good with some honey too.

Yum, I like this one sweetened and iced. Doing it myself, muuuuch cheaper than buying the bottles of it at the store.

Like the other teas I’ve tried from this company, this one is a home run – the fruit flavor is nice but not overpowering, and it smells absolutely heavenly :-)

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more