Hibiscus Honey Lemon

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by miriesque

From Hawaiian Islands Tea Company

A special blend of fragrant Hibiscus flowers, Japanese style green tea, with honey & lemon flavors, creates a refreshing amber colored tropical tea. Our green tea leaves are hand picked, lightly rolled, and steam fired. When blended with the other ingredients this tea has a delightful flavor, and smooth taste unique to our Hibiscus Honey Lemon Green Tea.

About Hawaiian Islands Tea Company View company

I got this as a bonus in a swap from CK longer ago than I care to admit, but I’m never terribly quick at getting to my bagged offerings. (I’m trying! I promise!)

I don’t really care for this though. The hibiscus adds a bitter/sour note that I can’t shake and the honey has a strange plastic/wax flavored aftertaste. It reminds me a bit of the flavor of wax lips. Which is sad, because I like it initially and then it gets blah.

This won’t be a revisit for me, as I just barely managed to get my cup down this time.

I got this as a bonus in a swap with CK quite a while ago. I’m already pretty caffeinated, so I wanted something light this afternoon!

I generally like hibiscus…this tea is somewhat bitter though, and I’m not getting any honey flavor. There is a weird artificial element going on here, too. Meh, not very good, sorry! :)

Aroma when Dry: Bright, Sour Hibiscus, Lemon dominate
After water is first poured: delicate and tangy, fruity. All three notes noticed, lemon, Hibiscus and Honey. Slightly grassy note from the green tea base.
At end of steep: smooths out, sweetens slightly, then it mellows out so much it gets bland.
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: grassy

Staple? No, but may revisit, for use as medicinal.
Time of day preferred: Morning, Afternoon.
first notes: Honey, then a hint of lemon. Hibiscus very faint.
As it cools? Lemon surfaces greatly.
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No.
Lingers? Slightly, with mild sour note.