Apple Pie Gourmet Black Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by __Morgana__

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I just had a nice nap with my youngest, and needed something to clear the cobwebs after waking up. So, another mini-sample. This one was enough for about half a cup. I made it in a small cup...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes

From Herbal Infusions

Ingredients: Black tea, dried apple pieces, cinnamon, natural flavoring

About Herbal Infusions View company

1 Tasting Note

I just had a nice nap with my youngest, and needed something to clear the cobwebs after waking up. So, another mini-sample. This one was enough for about half a cup. I made it in a small cup but even so I may have added a bit too much water. The liquor was light orange/brown and I suspect it ought to have been darker.

There wasn’t much smell to it until it was infused, and then it gave off a very nice apple/cinnamon aroma which does remind me of apple pie filling. I don’t smell crust. There’s a current of malt/sugar underneath from the tea.

The apple and cinnamon is present in the flavor (no crust there either). I don’t taste much tea, but I suspect that this would be tasty if the tea base had a stronger presence. If I had it to do over again I would have used even less water and attempted to brew this stronger. 205 is usually enough for blacks for me, but maybe a bit hotter would make the flavor come out more as well.