Juicy Lemon & Pink Grapefruit Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Herbal Infusions Tea Co.

• “Backlog: The oolong tea has an earthy flavor, with notes of toasty nut which adds a compelling contrast to the sweet-tart flavors of the citrus fruit. The citrus notes were bright and lovely. ...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “Dexter3657 sent me an amazing package of teas! I appreciate it so so much! I can't even say! thank you! This will be the first to try of many. All of the fruity teas smelled so lovely! I wasn't...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1496 tasting notes
  • “I was pleasantly surprised by this tea! I am not a huge fan of oolongs, I tend to find them way too flowery for me. This was a really vegetal oolong though. I got a hint of citrus, though little in...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 506 tasting notes
  • “It's been over a month and I still haven't gotten my Strawberry Cream cacao tea. Huh. This tea smells like straight up freshly squeezed lemon. I get no discernible grapefruit in scent or flavour....” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 856 tasting notes

From Herbal Infusions

At first we started off this blend of Formosa Oolong with just lemon, but soon Dan decided that his love of grapefruit (pink specifically) should be shared in this tea. We then added freshly peeled organic pink grapefruit rind and created a fantastically balanced and refreshing Oolong tea that we are sure you’ll love.

About Herbal Infusions View company

Backlog:

The second infusion is better than the first, so this is one you definitely want to resteep!

here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/12/10/juicy-lemon-pink-grapefruit-oolong-tea-from-herbal-infusions/

Dexter3657 sent me an amazing package of teas! I appreciate it so so much! I can’t even say! thank you! This will be the first to try of many. All of the fruity teas smelled so lovely! I wasn’t sure how to steep Formosa oolong, so I did a search and the teas that actually had steep instructions said boiling at 3-4 minutes. That seemed too high, but I thought I’d try it anyway. As dry leaves, this one had such a lovely sweet citrusy aroma and the flavor is the same. The flavor of the oolong itself is tough to find behind the equal parts grapefruit and lemon… so bright, fresh, sweet, fruity, crisp. Just a punch of citrus. Love this flavor. Very thirst quenching! This is the grapefruit I can manage and not those cups of juice they would hand out in elementary school. The lemon reminds me of bergamot. I don’t think I had any Formosa oolongs in my collection, so now I have a bit of this one left. This is very good! The second steep tasted just as good.

TheTeaFairy

yay, so happy for you tea sipper ;-)

I was pleasantly surprised by this tea! I am not a huge fan of oolongs, I tend to find them way too flowery for me. This was a really vegetal oolong though. I got a hint of citrus, though little in the way of specific lemon and grapefruit. But the citrus notes blended really well with the oolong base. The oeral tea was vegetal based with hints of the fruit flavour. I am really glad I have a sample of this to play around with!

It’s been over a month and I still haven’t gotten my Strawberry Cream cacao tea. Huh.

This tea smells like straight up freshly squeezed lemon. I get no discernible grapefruit in scent or flavour. The base is pretty good, quite floral. Methinks this would make a better cold brew. Hot, it’s not doing much for me.

Wow… A month

Fjellrev

Very tempting to file a PayPal dispute.

OMGsrsly

There’s a time limit for a PayPal dispute, FYI. All it does is open urgent communication, and if they ignore it then you get your money back. If they respond, then awesome.

Fjellrev

I know, I have another ten days or so left to do it.

just do it. i’m so tired of their crap… lol

OMGsrsly

:) I did it with another tea company, and they got back to me right away. They weren’t answering their regular email, so I don’t really feel bad about it. So… good luck, whatever you decide to do!

Fjellrev

That’s great that they got back to you. Hmm, maybe wait one more day? The first package didn’t have my main tea, the second one was apparently sent 13 days ago but still hasn’t arrived despite the first one arriving in 9 days. Have until the 14th to file a PayPal dispute.

No tracking # or shipping notice? :(

Fjellrev

Nope, I was told that if the second package doesn’t show up they’ll send a third one with tracking. The second package was supposedly sent on the 20th or so and nothing has shown up even though the first one (missing my 100g of cacao) took a little over a week to arrive. Nothing in the mail today again. So perhaps I should email again and if something isn’t sent with tracking ASAP I’ll file a dispute.

I took this out of the Great Canadian Travelling Tea Box in Jan and I’m just trying it now. I’ve been looking to try this one for a long time, I really want to find a good grapefruit tea but I’ve had no luck yet. This tea is not going to do it for me. It’s good, juicy lemon for sure, but I’m not getting any grapefruit. I’ve never had Formosa oolong before but I’m finding it tastes more like a black than an oolong. I’m not looking for a lemon tea so I would not order this one.

Memily

Oh I hope you’ll love Southern Sunrise then! It’s grapefruitorama.

ashleyelizabeth

Oooooh I can’t wait. That’s why I picked it, but I don’t know what I’ll do if I love it. I guess we’ll just have to do another swap!