Strawberry Cream Cacao

Herbal Tea
Strawberry, Cocoa, Berries, Chocolate, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA
Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 11 oz / 328 ml

• “Thanks *VariaTEA* for this! I forgot I had it when I implusively bought a sample of this on the weeknend. Whoops! But since it was in my spreadsheet twice this counts as a sipdown (162!) AND lets...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Thanks *Courtney* for the sample. I have to keep this short because I'm due at an interview in an hour, but I wanted to get the two backlogged teas I have from Monday evening out of the way first....” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2253 tasting notes
  • “OK call me crazy - it's ok, I don't mind.... This is Neapolitan ice cream. When it's melted and all the flavors are mixed in the bottom of your bowl - that's what this is. It's more Neapolitan...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 752 tasting notes
  • “I think I'll go with the thinking that my stomach was still a tad off when I tried this yesterday morning, because I just resteeped the last of my swap from *VariaTEA* and it doesn't have the same...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 701 tasting notes

From Herbal Infusions

A fresh and creamy blend of juicy, plump strawberries and vanilla with the goodness of cacao!

Experience the rich, velvety aroma and taste of premium dark chocolate without the calories, caffeine, or fat! Cacao tea (aka Chocolate Tea) contains hundreds of natural compounds including theobromine (aids in focus and concentration) and antioxidants.

Our premium selected Cacao Tea is sourced directly from farmers and their families in Chiapas, Mexico, through a network of horizontal trading. We work to create lasting and meaningful relationships while supporting them with above fair trade prices for their products.

About Herbal Infusions View company

Thanks VariaTEA for this! I forgot I had it when I implusively bought a sample of this on the weeknend. Whoops! But since it was in my spreadsheet twice this counts as a sipdown (162!) AND lets me try a tea I was curious about.

I think I should have steeped this longer – it smells amazing! Strawberry and cream and wow! Sadly, the taste is much milder than the scent suggest.

I do get some strawberry and cream. I just wish it was more. I’ll have to remember to try steeping for 7 min when I have the other sample of this!

VariaTEA

This smells like a strawberry milkshake and I think that is why I am refusing to completely get rid of it. However, I have sort of been off cacao teas that I also have not been inclined to drink it so it sort of just hangs out.

Courtney

I quite enjoyed this one! The Mint and Vanilla variations weren’t for me, but this one I enjoyed so much I ordered 50g. :)

Cavocorax

Sounds promising. I’ll definitely steep it longer next time!

Yvonne

I am so, so jealous – this tea is on my ultimate wish list!

Cavocorax

I don’t know if it’s that good!

Ha – Yvonne – I just realized that you’ve got 90+ teas in your cupboard, and most of those without tasting notes. You should work on trying all those before you worry about what else you should try. You’ll NEVER try everything.

If you always worry about ‘new’ teas, you won’t appreciate the ones you already have and will always be buying more! Just some advice because I know how crazy/overwhelming it can be when you first get on Steepster.

Yvonne

I’m getting through them, slowly but surely :) The allure of new teas is so hard to pass up!

Yvonne

I actually just took a look and you’re right – I DO have a lot to get through. Gotta get drinking I suppose! My parents already give me crap for supposedly drinking too much tea :P

Cavocorax

Haha. It adds up quickly, eh?

But when I first got into Steepster I felt I had to try ALL THE TEAS, and while that’s a common idea, it’s that’s just not sustainable.

I was always excited about the teas that were coming my way and then I sorta neglected the already premium teas I had sitting there because they didn’t sound as exciting as whatever fancy new tea had caught my eye. It was sorta silly because I was always chasing something I couldn’t have. Now I try to focus on enjoying a few staples in my cupboard, while exploring some newer teas. But I have accepted that I will never get them all. And that I don’t need to because the differences between a lot of teas are so slight that they really don’t matter.

Sacriledge maybe? :P

I get teased for drinking too much too. But at least my stash looks deceptively small. :D

Well said Cavo. :)

Yvonne

You’re very true and thank you so much for the advice! I really appreciate it :) You’re certainly wise.

Words of wisdom, Cavo!

I know I have bought a million teas and swapped for a million more and now get stressed each time I see how many different teas I have in my cupboard.

Cavocorax

VariaTEA – Totally! It’s pretty easy to go from 50, to 100 to hundreds…

I remember when I first started, after my first online order I had 24 teas and I was nearly ashamed of that! Now 150 is “normal” and I’m still above that! /0\

Starfevre

I think ALL THE TEAS is something that infects a lot of new Steepsterites. I know I was like that and look at me now with a gazillion teas. I’m not opening new ones until I drink/give away/trade all the opened ones but it is such an undertaking.

Starfevre

I signed up for ALL the tea of the month clubs and now I am paying for it.

VariaTEA

Haha. I like how we all had the same experience. I remember when I joined and saw people had cupboards with like 150 teas I was like “I wish I had that many teas” and now that I am over 200 I still wish to have a cupboard of only 150…or less.

Starfevre

I went through my teas today and I’m adding the ones that weren’t in my cupboard already. Passed 400 just now.

MissB

Yep, I’m another crazy 400 gal, and let’s just say that I’m missing out on stuff often. I’ll try to find it, knowing I have it… and it’s just hiding. I’m trying to whittle it down, however I’ve hovered around 430-ish for a while now. I’ll be thrilled with about 50-75 that I love, with the rest swaps in/out or new things to try to get around the 150 mark like many of you who have been around these parts longer.

i hit 375 and it was too much for me…so i quickly dropped back to 200. That’s about as high as i like to be, though 150 is nice since there’s breathing room there if you get a big swap or order..

Thanks Courtney for the sample.

I have to keep this short because I’m due at an interview in an hour, but I wanted to get the two backlogged teas I have from Monday evening out of the way first.

Also, an update on yesterday’s interview: It was really short and brief. Basically I came in, shook the manager’s hand and filled out an availability sheet. No questions or anything; just my availability and a copy of my resume. I find out tomorrow morning whether or not they’re hiring me.

So the tea: I’ve tried this before and was kinda “meh” but asked for it again in the hopes that I’d be able to find something to mix it with – it seemed like an interesting idea. I had this cup straight though, and left about a cups worth left to mix with something else.

It was still weak like I remembered from before, but for a calm and relaxing evening it hit the spot pretty well. Some milk maybe would have made it a little bit more drinkable, but I wasn’t complaining at the time of having it.

Tre said it smelled nice – and I told him he probably liked the smell because it was basically just weak hot chocolate.

8 min or more
Fjellrev

Good luck on the interview(s)! I’ve been steeping this one for half an hour and it’s very flavourful for me.

Cavocorax

Wow – that’s odd! I hope you get good news tomorrow! At least you know when they’ll make a decision. I’ve gone weeks where I’ve just sorta wondered and had no idea.

TeaBrat

oh, good luck..!

OMGsrsly

That is super weird! Of course, I run the most unconventional interviews. I do a 15 minute tour, then send people away to really think about it. Haha. I hope today’s interview went well!

OK call me crazy – it’s ok, I don’t mind….
This is Neapolitan ice cream. When it’s melted and all the flavors are mixed in the bottom of your bowl – that’s what this is. It’s more Neapolitan than the big name one that’s out there. This is good – it’s really good. Chocolate, strawberry, creamy – awesome. Maybe a hint thin on the mouth feel, but I can over look that.
Thank you so much VariaTEA for sending this sample my way.

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad you liked it. I want so much for my cacao aversion to subside so I can have a tasty cup of this. It just smells soo awesome.

Yvonne

The more I hear about this tea the more divine it sounds!

Mmmm Neapolitan!!

Dexter

If it wasn’t so cold outside, I’d be temped to ice the rest of this sample – I think it would be amazing cold.

Abby Noelle

Or be inventive and make tea pops…lol

Dexter

I need to look into doing that this summer – and this tea would be a good one to do it with – Moose Tracks would be another…hmmmm I see more HI orders in my future.

Abby Noelle

Mm yes I see reviews on moose tracks, is possible for you to send me a link to HI, please?

Fjellrev

Oh wow! I wonder if anyone has tried these cacao-based ones iced or cold brewed then.

Bonnie

My tea shop also sells organic cocoa shells from Tisano and has a few blends besides bulk sales. One favorite is a chocolate puerh with several other natural ingredients. I keep the hulls at home yo mix in my own puerh blending.

Bonnie

You know I don’t mean mine literally, my shop here in town.

ifjuly

Moose Tracks tea pops sound awesome!

So does that chocolate puerh, Bonnie!

I think I’ll go with the thinking that my stomach was still a tad off when I tried this yesterday morning, because I just resteeped the last of my swap from VariaTEA and it doesn’t have the same fake smell to it I got yesterday. Just strawberry and cacao. Although, I may have also forgot about it steeping on the counter as I drafted a message to VariaTEA as well haha. Oversteeping Cacao teas is always a great idea I’ve found. Yum.

You know, this one may actually be an order. My January tally is getting out of hand. J will not be pleased.

Also, I’m working on updating my bio, so I shall have actual tea-related info up there soon! For now it’s just a wee paragraph saying so in addition to my two lines of bio that have always been there.

VariaTEA

I am kinda off the cacao tea right now but this to me smelled like a strawberry milkshake and I really like strawberry milkshakes so I just can’t let it go. I am waiting in hopes that one day I will be into the cacao tea again.

Courtney

I hope so too! I have phases of cacao for sure. But I do always come back to it. And I have so many black teas, the few herbals I enjoy, I need to keep around haha.

VariaTEA

I realized the other day that I only have about 50 decaf teas among all the other caffeinated ones. That would be a lot but unfortunately most are to be swapped because I don’t really like them. So the occasional time I do find a decaf tea I like, I tend to stock up.

Courtney

I’m the same. I’ve tried many herbals and while they’re tasty, they usually aren’t tasty enough to keep around. Or I get tired of them. But look here! This swap has introduced me to another possibility. This could be herbal #4!

Yvonne

You don’t know how long it’s been since I could have a strawberry milkshake – my eyes weep from the fond memories :(

Haha yay for 4 herbals!

which are your other 3 courtney?

Courtney

Winter Blend from Tealish, Peppermint Patty from Butiki, and Original Cacao Sil :)

2062 tasting notes

This tea was really calling to me and when I opened it and smelled the familiar strawberry scent I love so much, I was excited to have a cup. Unfortunately, after steeping for 20 minutes, this got dumped. The strawberry flavor was hidden underneath the cacao and cacao is really not for me. I am officially giving up on it and letting go to the hope that one day I will enjoy it again.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I don’t know how to steep this, so I guessed 1 tsp per cup and boiling water for 7 minutes.

The strawberry flavour is there, but it’s missing some chocolate. I’ll have to play around and look to see if other people have suggested steeping instructions.

LiberTEAS

if this is a tisane (no tea leaves) I’d recommend steeping it longer. The cacao shells won’t become bitter. I have gone as long as 15 minutes with cacao shells, and I only stopped because I didn’t want to wait any longer for chocolate!

OMGsrsly

Haha. Yeah, I got impatient. :)

OMGsrsly

Aaand I gave the package to my BFF since she was here and she liked it too. Not like I don’t have enough other teas to drink…

I gulped down the vanilla cacao blend from Herbal Infusions so I decided it was time to order more! The strawberry smells so sweet and bright and doesn’t leave much room for the cacao to shine. After water has been added, the strawberry and cacao balance out. It reminds me a lot of strawberry candies covered in chocolate.

Sipping… the sweet strawberry comes first and is slowly hugged by the cacao. There is the nicest creamy chocolate note that finishes the sip. While it’s tasty, there is a part of me that feels like strawberry doesn’t belong with cacao. It could be that the strawberry is a little on the artificial side and the cacao naturally brings forward a chocolate flavor. I don’t think that I like this one as much as the vanilla cacao. It actually tastes worse as the the cup cools. Eh.. not so delicious anymore.

Last tasting note and second teapot experiment yesterday. I brewed a friend and I a pot of this, sweetened it, and just let it sit and steep as we played board games for the evening. As I had hoped, it just got better and better. The strawberry notes were initially the dominant flavour but, as it steeped, the chocolate really started to shine through. I can never decide if I like this or the original better, but I enjoy them both!

Fjellrev

This and the original are also my favourites!

Sipdown! This was a sample from Courtney and after reading the reviews, I opted to use the whole sample and steeped about 10 minutes. I had a little cream left in the carton from dinner, so I poured that in my mug while this steeped. Omg, it smells soooo good. Sadly, like others have said, it is thin on flavour, but it it still good, and I’m using my sense of smell to try to beef up the taste, if you know what I mean.

I definitely prefer this over the plain cacao, but I’m not sure I’d get this. It is tasty. I’m glad to have tried it. I’ll file it away into my non-caffeine teas I like and see if it makes it to order status.

Flavors: Strawberry

8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Samples sipdown!

I really like this tea. I just finished drinking it. It’s 11:50pm here….I think I need to order from Herbal infusions once I get my cupboard down to a manageable size….I need some caffeine free options for these nighttime tea cravings

Thanks again for sending the sample, Courtney :)

Courtney

This one and Cacao are my go-to caffeine free options. The scent of this one is nearly intoxicating. I’m glad you enjoyed it!