Coconut Chai

Edit tea info Last updated by NayLynn

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I ordered a sample of this one in my Herbal Infusions order. I'm not huge on chais, but I've been working on coconut chais slowly. They are actually coming along quite well. The water fizzed...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 675 tasting notes

From Herbal Infusions

We use a rich Kenyan BOP (that’s Broken Orange Pekoe in tea techie terms!) as the base for this decadent chai mix. Hand blended organic coconut shred, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, anise, peppercorn, and clove. Try heating this tea up and mixing it with rich coconut milk- YUM!

About Herbal Infusions View company

1 Tasting Note

I ordered a sample of this one in my Herbal Infusions order. I’m not huge on chais, but I’ve been working on coconut chais slowly. They are actually coming along quite well.

The water fizzed when I poured it in my mug to steep. Hehe. It definitely smells chai-like. With creaminess. I’m getting a bit obsessive over creaminess in my teas.

Holy crow. I may have oversteeped this because, hello astringency (1.5 tsp for 3 minutes), or perhaps boiling water wasn’t the answer. It’s still piping hot, so maybe I’ll take another sip in a few minutes when it’s had more of a chance to cool.

Also, I finally got to go pick up my ring after 2 weeks. Yay! While I was out I got 4 swaps/shares in the post. Hopefully you all enjoy your teas Aimee Popovacki, Angrboda, Roswell Strange, and VariaTEA!

Update: I dumped out that cup. No time for astringency! This time around I tried 1.25 tsp for 2.5 minutes at less than boiling.

This attempt is definitely less astringent. The coconut isn’t really present, perhaps only in a creaminess dimming the spicy chai-ness.

VariaTEA

At this point, I don’t even think we are swapping anymore. I think we are just sharing teas. Haha.

Courtney

Haha yes, I agree. Let me edit that. :P

Haha I like the edit :P

Roswell Strange

Can Courtney join our tea twinhood? We can be the three Musketeers – but less lame.

Courtney

Tea twinhood? That sounds awesome.

VariaTEA

Hahaha. I am fine with that plan.

VariaTEA

Although I think that would make us Tea Triplets.

Roswell Strange

Tea Triplets sounds much better.