Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Higgins & Burke

An imperial blend of naturally sweet steamed green tea with lemon grass and lemon balm herb.

About Higgins & Burke View company

It’s very hard to do green tea in a bag. Green tea is so much less forgiving than black tea, breaking it up and putting it in a bag makes it so much harder to brew a good cup that isn’t bitter. On that note, I must give this product credit. This tea brewed with no hint of bitterness (using a cooler temperature, as one would do for other green teas). That said, this tea does have quite a strong lemongrass-lemon flavor, and that gives these tea bags some latitude. I tasted much more citrus than I did green tea. That’s not necessarily bad, if that’s what one wants. The main issue I see is that this tea is marketed as straight green tea, when it’s really a flavored product, first and foremost. As flavored green tea in a teabag goes, this is okay, but it’s not the best I’ve had.

This summer I wanted to try another tea at Mickey Dee’s and was in a green kick, so I said why not. Why did I drink this tea? It tasted so putrid and bitter, and just all kinds of gross and yuck.I will not drink this tea again.

Not that bad for green tea in a bag. The added herbs are nice.

So my father drinks this tea all the time, we have like a case of it in the cupboard. Not like one of those little green boxes i mean like a cardboard case with six of those green boxes inside.
Me being a new tea person, i decided to see what all the fuss was about and brewed myself a cup one day from may dads stash and it was actually pretty good, compared to the kinds that you get at your local Chinese resturaunt which i have tried multiple times and still think it taste like dirty water, this higgins and burkes brand is a step way up!

Drank this when I was on the road earlier today. The water at the gas station was too hot but the tea didn’t turn overly bitter and the added citrus was nice and refreshing.