Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Higgins & Burke

An exotic blend of savory spices, rich Assam tea leaves and a hint of ginger. Single serve tea bags are individually wrapped for freshness, 20 per box.

About Higgins & Burke View company

well it smells okay but will it hold up to a tasting? I’ll let you know when it cools down :D

i’ve always loved Chai – i find the aroma inviting and warm- I smell sweet cloves peppercorns and ginger of course- i’ve added milk and honey- only because i’ve always had it this way- since i was young. This tea is great on cold days- truly warms you up from head to toe

I don’t think I’m ever going to catch up on tasting notes…

Anyhow, I may have slightly oversweetened this chai today (especially think it may have already had some natural sweetness from a bit of licorice?), but it’s pretty enjoyable. The right sort of “chai” spice, though I think I prefer Tazo’s version if we’re talking bagged teas, just because the latter is a bit more potent (and potent is good for chais when you like to add milk/cream to them). Also not the biggest fan of licorice in chais, and I think this has a bit more of that than I’d like, although once sweetened, it’s difficult to tell.

Got these bags for free. Nice and spicy Chai for bags, steeped in 3:1 water to milk. Will drink again when being lazy.