Raspberry Blackcurrant

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

1 Tasting Note View all

• “So at my sister's wedding reception, there was a chest with a bunch of individually wrapped Higgins & Burke teabags. I tried one, an Apple Cinnamon herbal tea (if I haven't logged it, I will do so...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2390 tasting notes

From Higgins & Burke

Ingredients: hibiscus, rosehips, chicory, natural flavours, lemongrass, licorice root

About Higgins & Burke View company

1 Tasting Note

So at my sister’s wedding reception, there was a chest with a bunch of individually wrapped Higgins & Burke teabags. I tried one, an Apple Cinnamon herbal tea (if I haven’t logged it, I will do so shortly) – it was kind of icky. I didn’t want to drink 15 cups of tea, so I squirrelled away two teabags to take home – this one, and a different herbal.

So, I think I perhaps should have looked at the ingredient list before nabbing this tea… does’t sound all that appealing, honestly. Hibiscus, chicory, lemongrass, licorice root… none of which exactly fall into a category of my favourite flavours.

Unfortunately, this is a definite miss. Even with a short infusion of somewhere between 2-3 minutes, hibiscus is dominant in the cup, which was obvious by the colour even before I tasted it. It’s fairly sour, and although I can almost taste raspberry, it’s not quite there. Raspberries are not that tart. I would know; I grew up with bushes of them in my backyard. Perhaps this would be ok with sweetener, but to me, it’s too much like Tazo Passion, which I find rather unappealing now.