Mexican Winter

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Hina's Tea

Rooibos Mexican Winter
Item #: 100337
Type: Loose Leaf Teas, Teas By Caffeine, Teas By Caffeine, Teas By Region, Teas By Region
Region: South Africa
Caffeine Level: Caffeine Free
A guava chili taste! A very interesting flavor combination.
No caffeine.

Want to try something totally different? How about adding orange peel, cinnamon, coconut, chili bits, red pepper? If you have problems imagining how this “concoction” will taste we can assure you that you will be pleasantly surprised. What a flavor combination. You will not find anything like it.

Cup Characteristics:

A guava chili taste! You will love it!

Rooibos, Lemon grass, Rose buds, Red Rose blossoms, Lavender.

Bright orange color

Choice Grade #1

Manufacture Type:

Fermentation turns the leaves from green to deep red and gives a slightly sweet note.

About Hina's Tea View company

Revisited this the other night and it was ok but quite peppery…I think I was in a mood for something less pepper and more sweet at that specific moment…

I dug this tea out again and I found that sweetening it a bit with agave nectar (which seems oddly appropriate) brought out the citrusy flavour from the orange peel bits. I’m still getting that odd creamy aftertaste and I think it reminds me a bit of chocolate – almost but not quite.

This is truly great. I love Rooibos and Hina has blended some chili and guava with the rooibos and the description “Mexican Winter” is exactly what you get. It’s great when it’s cold out with a slight heat in your mouth from the chili. It sounds crazy but it’s well balanced and very flavorful without being overpowering. Just love it.