Hobee's Cinnamon Orange Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

• “I obtained this tea from a store in Salem, MA and not a likely place for the purchasing of teas. Especially when one is out perusing antique stores. Anyhow, I came across this tin and thought it...” Read full tasting note
    seule771 600 tasting notes
  • “I love a strong cinnamon tea and the tea served at Hobee's Restaurant is fantastic. This packaged version of their tea is not quite as strongly cinnamon as what I've had at the restaurant, maybe...” Read full tasting note
    camytang 6 tasting notes

From Hobee's Restaurants

Ingredients:
Black tea, orange peel, clove stems, rose hips, artificial cinnamon flavor, natural orange flavor, and chamomile flower.

Brewing instruction:
Use 1/3 to ½ teaspoon per cup, add boiling water, steep tea for 5 minutes, stain, or remove infuser and enjoy!

About Hobee's Restaurants View company

I obtained this tea from a store in Salem, MA and not a likely place for the purchasing of teas. Especially when one is out perusing antique stores. Anyhow, I came across this tin and thought it very lovely and upon touching it and bringing it closer I could not help but smell the cinnamon and orange flavoring pouring out of the tin. I decided that this was left out for me to find. So I took it to the register and the cashier person made a point of removing the lid from the tin to view inside and she took a whiff as well.

This tea has been in my cupboard for a short time this year and today is the day for rendering my new mug with cups of this tea. As I have been enjoying it throughout my morning, mid-day and early this evening.

This tea yields a hearty amber-colored brew.
Tea has a complex aroma with the mixture of cinnamon, orange and clove as being more pronounced to the nose. It is a citrus bouquet of sort, although I am not sure if citrus is a good word choice.

1st steep of this tea for the recommended 5 minutes and strait away is the smell of cinnamon and orange flavor with the cloves intermingling in the cup. I have yet to discern the chamomile flowers.

2nd steep, I tried for 3 minutes and this infusion I find that I like it better than first steep since the cinnamon flavoring is not so over whelming. I like cinnamon as smidgen, a pinch; anyhow it is still the cinnamon at play with the orange flavoring. The coloring stays amber throughout the cup.

3rd steep is done for 2 minutes and the taste is much milder. Orange flavoring is more prevalent than the cinnamon; I can smell the cinnamon still as the cup steams away. I am happy to be noticing more of the orange flavoring and the clove.

I realize with the 1st steep the cinnamon was clouding and overpowering me, I could not discern the clove from the cinnamon but with this final steep I can sense the difference, the clove is a milder spice.
Tea’s lasting effect is that of clove, cinnamon and orange flavoring; a very sweet liquor needing nothing else. For those who do find that they prefer to have less spice (cinnamon and clove) adding milk would remedy the overall taste of this tea to their liking.

I do not take milk with my teas but I imagine the milk would help to pleasantly dilute the liquor like taste of this tea. Since I have a full tin of this tea, I am looking forward to examining it further.
_____________________
Hobee’s Famous Cinnamon Orange Tea
Favorite morning wake-up, naturally sweet

seule771

For viewing their thirst quenchers/menu…visit them or view this pdf.

seule771

I really like this Hobee’s tea. I can see it being treated like a chai type of drink/mixture with some Irish Cream, or Kahlua and a spoonful of vanilla bean icea-cream or best yet Haagen-Dazs.. So very yummy, do let me know if tried, and with some Irish Soda Bread; and perhaps one of those Laura Childs mystery book to curl up with…Blood Orange Brewing, Shades of Earl Grey, Agony of the Leaves, and yes, I liked Oolong dead second best to the Blood Orange…

I love a strong cinnamon tea and the tea served at Hobee’s Restaurant is fantastic. This packaged version of their tea is not quite as strongly cinnamon as what I’ve had at the restaurant, maybe they use a different tea/water ratio or maybe they steep it for much longer. However, the flavor is as close to Hobee’s as I’ve come across and I love this tea. Unfortunately, the Hobee’s Restaurant nearby me closed so I can’t go buy another bag. :(