Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by torimpls
Iced 6 min, 30 sec

• “I became obsessed with barley tea after trying it in a Korean restaurant. I was suspicious of this brand because I never usually make tea from teabags but my suspicions were thrown out the window...” Read full tasting note
    grr 21 tasting notes
  • “This is probably the most successful you can be making a tea with water from a tap (GASP!) The flavor balance of the toasty and light mugi is great, but heating the water to steep it gives it a...” Read full tasting note
    torimpls 26 tasting notes

From House Foods

Product description not available yet.

About House Foods View company

I became obsessed with barley tea after trying it in a Korean restaurant. I was suspicious of this brand because I never usually make tea from teabags but my suspicions were thrown out the window after I tried this tea for the first time.

It’s extremely easy to make but I think the flavor does improve when the water has been heated. For iced tea I steep the bag(s) overnight and for hot tea I use boiling water (212 F) and I steep the tea for a couple of hours. Barley tea tastes great with some honey added or by itself. I have yet to try a wedge of lemon with my tea but I’m sure the citrus would contrast well with robust barley flavor.

Iced 8 min or more

This is probably the most successful you can be making a tea with water from a tap (GASP!) The flavor balance of the toasty and light mugi is great, but heating the water to steep it gives it a pretty bitter flavor (and I love bitter.) Definitely easy on the wallet though, so this is usually my go-to mugicha.

Iced 5 min, 0 sec