Organic Hill Station

Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cavocorax

• “SSTTB #9. Yes, a black tea at 8:40 pm. I'm living on the wild side, apparently. Actually, it's just starting to cool down in my apartment, so I wanted to get in a small cup of something else from...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1615 tasting notes
  • “This is an interesting black tea. Reminds me a little of a Taiwan black - lighter than a Chinese black (or is Taiwan part of China - suddenly I'm really confused about this), it's a little...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 752 tasting notes
  • “*SSTTB* This is a pleasant black tea. It has a strong tea base with hints of almost berries and smoke to me. Good but not something I need stocked as I am starting to realize I am still in a...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes
  • “So, no one has reviewed this yet? Oh. No pressure then... It's a really nice black tea, but that's to be expected. I haven't been disappointed by a Hugo tea yet. Unfortunately I'm tired and will...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes

From Hugo Tea Company

Welcome to the Hill Station! A far-flung outpost where adventurers adventure, philosophers philosophize and merchants, well, merch. Hill Station Black is prepared to get things done. Everyday. So begin! Take my clichéd advice: the day is an adventure—and Hill Station Black is always a good place to start.

About Hugo Tea Company View company

SSTTB #9.

Yes, a black tea at 8:40 pm. I’m living on the wild side, apparently. Actually, it’s just starting to cool down in my apartment, so I wanted to get in a small cup of something else from the box before I turn to the un-cafs or make something from my cupboard.

I put cream in it. I’m eating some freeze dried strawberries on the side, because I found a packet while I was searching for a tin of cat food (my apartment is a disaster as I’m refinishing some furniture in the living room). Consequently, the tea might be somewhat overshadowed.

It is a nice black tea. It’s not astringent, or bitter. It’s pretty strong, but not as strong as I like my breakfasty teas (mmm, ctc assams). Perhaps a little thin. Nice and malty, some stone fruit flavours maybe, but they’re being taken over by the strawberry bits I have lodged in my teeth.

That’s super sexy, amirite? :D

Would try again. Would get if I ever placed an order. Not a favourite, but as far as I can tell, is really nice.

This is an interesting black tea. Reminds me a little of a Taiwan black – lighter than a Chinese black (or is Taiwan part of China – suddenly I’m really confused about this), it’s a little fruity, a touch astringent, but well balanced.
This is different than most of the blacks that I really like. I don’t LOVE this, but it’s really good. Happy to have had the opportunity to try it.

SSTTB

VariaTEA

It all depends who you ask with regards to the Taiwan being apart of China question. I know my friend and others I have met from Taiwan will say it is not whereas most other people say it is. I think technically it is apart of China but the Taiwanese just don’t agree with it. I could be wrong though so no worries about being confused as I think many people are.

2068 tasting notes

SSTTB

This is a pleasant black tea. It has a strong tea base with hints of almost berries and smoke to me. Good but not something I need stocked as I am starting to realize I am still in a transition stage when it comes to my tastes which means I am more prone to like the desserty blacks with malt and caramel and chocolate. Consequently, though I can recognize this is quite good, I don’t think I am at the point in my tea journey yet where I can personally appreciate it. I am grateful to have gotten to try it though.

Cavocorax

You are rocking the sipdowns/balancing between the SSTTB! :D
I just gave 5 teas away to a friend so I’m at 189, but I’m just a big cheater. :P

you are both big cheaters.. i decided. ephelant helped.

VariaTEA

Thanks Cavo, I try. And Sil, the many elephants on my jumpsuit say that Cavo and I are great :P

great you may be..but still cheaters!

Cavocorax

We’re all in the same boat when that Butiki order gets in .:P

Maybe I’ll just mail your teas to you…..then you can’t drop things off lol

So, no one has reviewed this yet? Oh. No pressure then…

It’s a really nice black tea, but that’s to be expected. I haven’t been disappointed by a Hugo tea yet. Unfortunately I’m tired and will probably need to drink this AND the resteep before I’m awake enough to properly review it. It’s a little sweet. A little fruity. I think there’s the slightest hint of smoke too.

C’mon brain – wake up! (I’ll be back to update this)