Organic Vanilla Rooibus Chai Tea

Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Jude

• “This is pretty enjoyable, and I usually find chai to be unpleasantly sharp. But then I don’t sweeten my tea and this one has stevia in it, so that may be part of why this one works for me. ...” Read full tasting note
    Jude 121 tasting notes
  • “Drizzling boiled water s-l-o-w-l-y into a small stainless steel infuser bowl on top of cup onto the emptied contents of tea bag and add some plain soymilk in cup. Great before bedtime. In the...” Read full tasting note
    capricorn 1 tasting notes

From Imperial Organic

Introducing our new line of teas – Imperial Organic. What does imperial mean? It means royal quality of organic degree in teas available today. With spices from around the world, Imperial Organic’s Vanilla Rooibos Chai is a delicious experience. A special recipe originating from India, we blend exotic spices with fragrant vanilla. We use red tea (rooibos) to create an organic and naturally caffeine-free blend. This spicy tea is great hot or cold. Add fresh milk or soymilk for a delicious, traditional cup of chai. Certified organic and kosher, every batch is carefully hand inspected to ensure goodness and purity.

Ingredients: Rooibus, cinnamon, chicory, cardamom, ginger, stevia, clove, black pepper, natural vanilla flavor (all ingredients organic except the natural vanilla flavor)

About Imperial Organic View company

This is pretty enjoyable, and I usually find chai to be unpleasantly sharp. But then I don’t sweeten my tea and this one has stevia in it, so that may be part of why this one works for me. Mostly it works because it’s got a smooth balance of flavors. I dislike clove but it is ok here because it’s counter-balanced by the cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and vanilla. There’s a hint of a burn from the pepper, as well, which adds lingering interest without being offputting.

The predominant flavors are cinnamon and cardamom, sharpened by the ginger, clove and pepper and softened by the vanilla and stevia, which together nudge it toward a suggestion of caramel. Adding almond milk, this is easily as good as the chais my friends order at coffee/tea chains.

Drizzling boiled water s-l-o-w-l-y into a small stainless steel infuser bowl on top of cup onto the emptied contents of tea bag and add some plain soymilk in cup. Great before bedtime. In the morning I tear open 2 bags of black Irish tea sprinkled on top of used chai leaves. Good for cup and a half morning buzz with a little spice taste. Can re-use same one or two times more a day with little or no bitterness since the leaves haven’t been soaking. Will do the same with Oolong etcetera. Not being a ‘purist’, mixing various teas sometimes is nice.