Wood Dragon Oolong

Floral, Nutty, Pepper, Roasted, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by ZachMangan

Available from 1 seller.

2 Images

• “For the price, I'm not sure that this oolong is really worth it. Most oolong smooth out over time, and this one got bitter when I let it steep a bit longer than usual. Tasted a bit like Darjeeling...” Read full tasting note
    morvaltur 1740 tasting notes
  • “I quite like this tea. I prefer a weaker steep on most teas as I find it brings out the brighter notes while really allowing me to enjoy the deeper richness of the brew on the back end. This is...” Read full tasting note
    catesby.bernstein 1 tasting notes

From In Pursuit of Tea

This is one of the most popular teas in Taiwan, enjoyed in many restaurants and homes. It is a twig tea with a strong roasted flavor. This is a result of an extra firing after the tea is made. The farmer who grows this tea comes from a family of tea-growing artisans. They hand-process the tea differently depending on the weather and the final result they are looking to attain.

About In Pursuit of Tea View company

For the price, I’m not sure that this oolong is really worth it. Most oolong smooth out over time, and this one got bitter when I let it steep a bit longer than usual. Tasted a bit like Darjeeling with a touch of spices.

I quite like this tea. I prefer a weaker steep on most teas as I find it brings out the brighter notes while really allowing me to enjoy the deeper richness of the brew on the back end. This is indeed, as described, toasty and woody; I would add the floral notes on top reminiscent of traditional oolongs. Also, the shape is fantastic! Really interesting to watch steep. The journey of the brew is surprising. Peppery finish on the third steep. (second steep 4 min, third steep 10 min)

Flavors: Floral, Nutty, Pepper, Roasted, Wood