Nantou Four Seasons

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

2 Images

From In Pursuit of Tea

This tea is made from a cultivar that can be harvested year-round- Si Ji Chun, which means four seasons like spring. It’s grown organically on Tung Ting Mountain in Nantou County, Taiwan. The mature leaves are lightly oxidized and rolled into ball shapes; as they open through multiple infusions, a sweet flavor and lush, lilac aroma is released.

About In Pursuit of Tea View company

I’d drink this again but it wasn’t my favorite oolong. It has a floral note, but overall I found it a little mild with almost a soapy feeling on the finish.

I can smell pure lilacs.

I taste florals and rice.
Very light, no astringency (Yea!)

Very light color.

Boiled: 200F, Brewed: 2 mins 30.

I’m new to this and didn’t realize multiple steepings are allowed. :) Will report back.

This oolong is quite different from other teas of the same variety that I have tried. It is very floral – a little cloyingly so. However, it is very smooth. I have only steeped once thus far, so I will see how the second steeping unfolds… But I can’t say this was a favorite for me.

It’s nice for a before bed time tea. Nice and light

creamy floral notes..nice!

I believe I was expecting something more vegetal when I steeped this tea. I was pleasantly surprised to discover the floral aroma and light flavor. There is a buttery mouthfeel and flavor. Excellent tea. I am curious to see how this tea changes over multiple infusions.

Delicious. One of the better oolongs I’ve had in a while. Very smooth and floral with a slight burnt taste.

This came as one of five teas in my first tasting package and was, by far, my favorite of all the teas. Afraid I can write as eloquently as others here…just want to say…AWESOME tea.

I return 3 months later to update. I ordered this tea. Came from Taiwan…and the post office made me come down to sign for it. I guess in this day and age of Big Brother, any foreign deliveries are eyed with suspicion and extra review.

1 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML

This tea is gorgeously flowery, with a lilac, almost orchid taste and smell to it.

Oh my goodness, I really wasn’t expecting this tea to be all that great. I thought it was just gonna be another roasty oolong.
I was partially right because it’s kinda roasty, but it also is floral. And totally tastes like flowers. Which is different from being floral.
It tastes like a lighter, sweeter floral…which reminds me of flowers. Therefore to me, I would say the main flavors are flowers and something roasted.
I was very pleasantly surprised by this one! (:
Thank you so much for the sample, LiberTEAS!
A nice finish for caffeinated teas tonight. Now onto the decaf teas, once again! (:

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Honey, Roasted, Smooth, Sweet