Nantou Four Seasons

Flowers, Green Beans, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

2 Images

• “Sipdown #3 (#8). This really is a lovely light & floral oolong, like walking out my front door when the lilacs bloom in spring, the air filled with their delicate aroma. There is also a little bit...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3015 tasting notes
  • “Tea from the December Steepster Select box... I like green oolongs but I haven't been buying too many because I can't seem to drink them quickly enough. *Le sigh* This has an intense floral aroma...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2488 tasting notes
  • “Had this one last night and it's my least favorite of the oolongs I've tried lately. I definitely like the heavier roasted ones, but this is nice and light. Kind of like springtime in a cup. But...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 361 tasting notes
  • “I live on the edge of the winery property, and this morning my neighbor had someone in his yard using a leaf blower starting at 8 am! This did allow me to have an early morning gong fu session...” Read full tasting note
    CharlotteZero 372 tasting notes

From In Pursuit of Tea

This tea is made from a cultivar that can be harvested year-round- Si Ji Chun, which means four seasons like spring. It’s grown organically on Tung Ting Mountain in Nantou County, Taiwan. The mature leaves are lightly oxidized and rolled into ball shapes; as they open through multiple infusions, a sweet flavor and lush, lilac aroma is released.

About In Pursuit of Tea View company

I’d drink this again but it wasn’t my favorite oolong. It has a floral note, but overall I found it a little mild with almost a soapy feeling on the finish.

I can smell pure lilacs.

I taste florals and rice.
Very light, no astringency (Yea!)

Very light color.

Boiled: 200F, Brewed: 2 mins 30.

I’m new to this and didn’t realize multiple steepings are allowed. :) Will report back.

This oolong is quite different from other teas of the same variety that I have tried. It is very floral – a little cloyingly so. However, it is very smooth. I have only steeped once thus far, so I will see how the second steeping unfolds… But I can’t say this was a favorite for me.

It’s nice for a before bed time tea. Nice and light

creamy floral notes..nice!

I believe I was expecting something more vegetal when I steeped this tea. I was pleasantly surprised to discover the floral aroma and light flavor. There is a buttery mouthfeel and flavor. Excellent tea. I am curious to see how this tea changes over multiple infusions.

Delicious. One of the better oolongs I’ve had in a while. Very smooth and floral with a slight burnt taste.

This came as one of five teas in my first tasting package and was, by far, my favorite of all the teas. Afraid I can write as eloquently as others here…just want to say…AWESOME tea.

I return 3 months later to update. I ordered this tea. Came from Taiwan…and the post office made me come down to sign for it. I guess in this day and age of Big Brother, any foreign deliveries are eyed with suspicion and extra review.

1 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML

This tea is gorgeously flowery, with a lilac, almost orchid taste and smell to it.

I think I like the nice, flowery aroma better than the actual drink. I mean, it isn’t bad! It’s light and slightly sweet, but fairly nondescript beyond that.