Edit tea info Last updated by reidster

• “2nd Review Indar by Heath & Heather and Indar Today is my version of bubbles’ tea and I am trying this with this Indar tea. I took one of their tea pouches labeled Indar Boudoir (it is a lovely...” Read full tasting note
    seule771 600 tasting notes
  • “Here's a straight-up medium bagged black tea with bergamot flavors...sort of like an Earl Grey without the Earl...or maybe...it's without the Grey? Not sure...but it's decent! With the combo of...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “This tea has surprised me! Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for a chance to try this! This is a bagged tea I think I could drink often. It's like a mellow Earl Grey. I can happily drink this without...” Read full tasting note
    Rellybob 258 tasting notes
  • “During spring break we went to American Museum of Natural History with kids. every time we go there its like first time. They love it. Every time i go there i have to go to Zabar's. i make...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 388 tasting notes

From Indar - Compagnie Coloniale

Imported from France, this special Boudoir blend was created in Odessa, Russia in 1887. Blend of teas from Assam, Darjeeling and Ceylon with a note of bergamot.
Sold/imported only by Mark T. Wendell Tea Company

About Indar - Compagnie Coloniale View company

2nd Review Indar by Heath & Heather and Indar
Today is my version of bubbles’ tea and I am trying this with this Indar tea. I took one of their tea pouches labeled Indar Boudoir (it is a lovely bag with golden border around the wordings and a ship in the middle of the bag).

I had some freshly boiling water on the stove and decided to add the tea bag and let it boil, when it started to boil/bubbling, I turned off the fire. I had rinsed out my cup with hot water and poured some evaporated milk and two teaspoons of raw sugar into the cup that I now poured the hot tea in and stirring it gently. I stirred it until all have mixed accordingly. I like the golden color that is in my cup and it is very hot. I can smell the milk, its creaminess warming my face as I try to take a sip of this tea.

It is so smooth and creamy and the liquor so inviting in that I had several sips, burning my throat as I do this. I insist on this tea being so very hot because of the milk I added to the tea. Since it is not something I normally have.

Overall, this tea is a lovely golden creamy latte and the aroma is very sweet and pleasing to the nose. It is liquid gold being that is being drunk by this reviewer. Having tea this way reminds one of when young and being fed warm milk in the bottle and that comfort that comes with it; knowing you are cherished and cared for.

This is lovely boudoir/parlor tea; I only wish that I had some crumpets to have it with. Truth is with the milk added in it is very full and filling and I don’t need anything else with it for now.

This tea was purchase through Mark T. Wendell Tea Company, I must thank them for carrying such fine teas. Those that I have tasted have all been exceptional teas. Thank you!

Azzrian

I love that canister!

seule771

My Indar tea is in a box, since they are tea bags…25 or so.

Azzrian

Ah well its a nice canister.

Here’s a straight-up medium bagged black tea with bergamot flavors…sort of like an Earl Grey without the Earl…or maybe…it’s without the Grey? Not sure…but it’s decent! With the combo of Ceylon and Assam it makes a pretty interest black tea duo! A nice bagged tea to have on hand anytime of day!

This is a bagged tea I think I could drink often. It’s like a mellow Earl Grey. I can happily drink this without cream and sugar, even though I always put milk in my Earl Grey. The black tea base is nice and mellow, and there’s a definite honey note. Om nom nom.

TeaEqualsBliss

This one surprised me, too! Glad you like it :)

During spring break we went to American Museum of Natural History with kids. every time we go there its like first time. They love it. Every time i go there i have to go to Zabar’s. i make sure i dont miss it. its a great store on Upper West side. They have lots of unusual gourmet stuff,some imported, they do smoke meats, fish, great variety of cheese,etc. Drool
this time I visited tea and coffee section. Indar was on my wish list for some time. i loved the description of tea mentioning it was created in Russia. Never heard of it while living there. I had to have this tea. this tea is great. Strong and malty, bergamot is so faint that i wouldn’t know about it if i didnt read the description. i’m pretty sure it would be great with milk and sugar, but I rarely have tea this way.
205F 3 min 8oz. Color is gorgeous and it smelled very uplifting. No astringency this way but i have a feeling if you brew longer it could come out. Mark Wendell has it in loose form but common 8.75oz will take me forever to drink.

ifjuly

Ugh I LOVE Zabar’s and miss it so much! Jealous!

boychik

I’m thinking I should send you this to try.

ifjuly

you are so nuts! but seriously, the cheese at zabar’s…and how it smells when you walk in….yum!

did you ever try shang’s silver needle king? i stocked some of it and i really need to send you something cool soon!

Tea Pet

As an UWS child, I have to say Zabar’s is the bee’s knees! I will definitely be making a trek up there to try this tea! This post made me feel so nostalgic! I used to LIVE (not really..) at the Museum of Natural History. I went so many times as a child and adolescent that I made up names for the dinosaurs and mammals that I liked the most. The UWS is seriously the best section of NYC.. (I’m totally not biased.)

boychik

When i was still in college i used to work part time assistant bookkeeper on 86th and Broadway. I used to pick H&H bagel and cream cheese & coffee fr. Zabar’s for breakfast. i didnt have money for lox.
Anyway they have totally new exhibitions abt pterosaurs and power of poison. highly recommended

boychik

ifjuly I’ll pm you. time to get my dd to private dance class.
Tea Pet I can send you some. what if you dont like it?

Tea Pet

H&H Bagels and lox was such a staple growing up! At every single potluck at school, it was always there! lol!
Ohh!! That sounds really cool!! Especially power of poison… so deadly and mysterious… Gosh, I love that place!
No no… please, that’s okay! I will get some and pawn it off onto my flavored tea loving SO, if I don’t like it! :p Thank you very much for the offer, though!