Ball & Chain

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Indie Tea

Se Chung Oolong With Dates and Marigolds

“Till Death” Is Oolong Time, But When You Pair Together Lots Of Dates and Flowers, The Old Ball and Chain Might Actually Be A Lot More Fun.

Steeping Instructions: Steeping Instructions: Measure 1.5 teaspoons of tea to 8 oz of water. Heat water to boiling 195 degrees, pour over the tea leaves, and steep tea leaves for three to four minutes.

Organic and Fair Trade Ingredients: Organic and Fair Trade Ingredients: Organic Se Chung Oolong Tea, Organic Medjool Dates, Organic Marigold Flowers.

About Indie Tea View company

I’ve been overly obsessed with Medjool Dates and Almond Butter Lately

So when I saw this flavored Oolong – I KNEW I had to try it!

Prior to infusing this smelled like sugary dates underneath a charcoal type oolong. Once infused it smelled more like a toasted/roasted oolong with a bit of sugar dates aroma.

Once I started sipping I could taste a strong toasted/roasted/charcoal type oolong base with a bit of floral and nutty hints as well as a slight rich yet sugary dates type taste. As it cools a bit more I can start tasting the dates a bit more but they are subtle.

I do really like this. I was hoping for more date-flavor but it’s still quite good, regardless. Perhaps I should just make sure there are more Date Chunks in my next cuppa!

PS: Also as it cools a bit – I’m starting to taste some cocoa flavors, too! Now THAT’S interesting!

Ashley Bain

dates and almond butter? that sounds like a yummy healthy snack. gotta try that.

Another one gone! It’s a nice nutty oolong with sweet date notes. I enjoyed this tea while I had it but I don’t think I’d reorder it

Backlog:

I really like the combination of dates and Se Chung Oolong. The Oolong has a sweet, slightly toasted flavor that melds with the date flavor in a really delicious way. Sweet, slightly smoky, a little bit nutty … really good!

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/05/12/ball-and-chain-oolong-blend-tea-from-indie-tea/

mrmopar

Dates and Oolong sound good.