Super Premium Sencha Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

• “This is my second batch purchased of this tea and I still enjoy it. Not quite as "buttery" as it seemed the first time around, but my palate has matured since the first tasting note. Still a...” Read full tasting note
    latteteadah 53 tasting notes
  • “Brewed from a sample in a mug infuser. I found this tea to be sweet and more grassy than the Chinese greens that I normally drink. Overall a good green tea that is clearly high quality but...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 215 tasting notes

From Indigo Tea Company

Super Premium Sencha is a full flavored, sweet, vegetative tasting green tea. Picked early in the season and from the best leaves at the top of the tea bush.

Remember: keep the temperature low (160-180 degrees), and steep for only 1 or 2 minutes. Japan Sencha has a great lingering aftertaste. The second infusion (1-2 min.) is also delicious.

About Indigo Tea Company View company

This is my second batch purchased of this tea and I still enjoy it. Not quite as “buttery” as it seemed the first time around, but my palate has matured since the first tasting note. Still a quality sencha, and will continue to be my go-to choice for a green.

This time my steeping went as follows:

First cup after water was taken off the boil for 2 minutes. Steeped for 1.

Second cup used water cooled after 4-5 minutes, steeped for 3.

Third cup used remaining hot water, allowed to steep until first two cups consumed.

All three steepings were flavorful, the first cup being the “fullest” as you would expect. A very welcome cupping on a cold January evening with cold/sore throat season creeping in.

Brewed from a sample in a mug infuser. I found this tea to be sweet and more grassy than the Chinese greens that I normally drink. Overall a good green tea that is clearly high quality but personally not in the style that I go for when I want green tea.