Evening in Missoula

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kristin

From Indigo Tea Company

Chamomile, rosehips, raspberry leaf, papaya leaf, peppermint, spearmint, strawberry leaf, vanilla, passion flower, red clover, star anise, wild cherry bark, damiana, lemon peel, wintergreen, lavender, extracts. Reminiscent of root beer. Very nice. No caffeine.

About Indigo Tea Company View company

I dug out a small sample packet of this tisane today – I think it got it from Doulton awhile back and it got lost in the unfathomable depths of my tea cabinet. :D

I went with the lower end of her recommended steeping time and the result was predominantly of chamomile with herbal-minty undertones. There’s also an intriguing hint of rootbeer flavour at the end of each sip. I’m not sure which of the ingredients is creating that effect – or maybe it’s a combination of several different things?

Huh, there is a other tea with this name and picture – only the other one is done by Montana something.

I picked a random, and this came up! Fitting with a herbal at this time of the day.
After sniffing the bag I went to my better half and ask him: “What gum is this?!” and shoved the bag under his nose. His reply was Jenka. Oh yum! It’s been too long since I had that bubblegum!

Color of the liquid – yellow. First impression: Mint and chamomille. There is a lot of other flavors in the cup, but these are the main flavors.

I love it! Maybe I can convince my better half to try something other than his jasmine pearls. ( smiles I love the fact that he loves jasmine pearls!)

- This tea is from the contest Doulton held <3
Cofftea

More than one company reselling the tea (and even changing the name) is REALLY common. There are tons of teas here who have tasting notes under different companies and/or names.

Rijje

Aha! Makes sense.
I should figure it out myself – but this tea is making me sleepy ;)

I got a sample of this from Doulton (Thanks!). It’s pretty good. Reminds me a lot of Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea. I’m definitely tasting wintergreen and vanilla. Not tasting the star anise and some of the other ingredients.

My husband and I love this tea. It’s so smooth and the somewhat root beer/sarsaparilla hints are so lovely. It’s also good cold.

170 °F / 76 °C 8 min or more

My favorite tea! I drink this all day now. Not just at night. :)