Vanilla Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Honey

• “I like going here to study, and when I need a break I just get up and smell all of their samples of tea to help me decide what I want. I came across this tea and the leaves were so aromatic. They...” Read full tasting note
    juskropp 83 tasting notes
  • “If Lapsang Souchong had a drinkable cousin, it'd be this vanilla black. Bears a passing resemblance to it, in terms of its smokey haze and the taste as a result comes off very different than you'd...” Read full tasting note
    quarterback 29 tasting notes

From Indigo Tea Company

Our Vanilla Black Tea is scented with Madagascar vanilla, and has a rich and smooth flavor.

About Indigo Tea Company View company

I like going here to study, and when I need a break I just get up and smell all of their samples of tea to help me decide what I want. I came across this tea and the leaves were so aromatic. They have this wonderful vanilla bourbon-y smell, so I had to try it.

I like my black tea sweet, splash of milk to get rid of any bitterness and smooth out the flavor. The vanilla taste is a nice undertone that complements the black tea and does not taste artificial in any way. I don’t exactly know how to describe the taste of the black tea, kind of earthy, smokey. It’s the best vanilla black tea blend I’ve ever tasted, plus it’s great hot and cold. I will definitely buy some of this as a morning staple once I free up a tin!

MindfulLife

Ooh I’m going to add this to my shopping list!

If Lapsang Souchong had a drinkable cousin, it’d be this vanilla black. Bears a passing resemblance to it, in terms of its smokey haze and the taste as a result comes off very different than you’d anticipate from the name of the tea. Less taste of a vanilla from my experience or at least, what I’d have preferred. It’s perhaps a bit more earthy and strong. So a nice sturdy black if you want that kind of thing. I wanted to like it more, but just can’t seem to get into it.