Don Juan

Edit tea info Last updated by Patricio

From Inti Zen

Sensuality, coziness and mystery in a cup of tea. An exceptional tea base from the highest gardens in the Himalayan foothills combined with sweet Dulce de Leche and red fruits from the forest, that gives a bright-coloured liquor with a creamy texture. This complex toffee bouquet is accented by the mellow fruitiness from the red fruits. Don Juan is a blend with heart.

About Inti Zen View company

Sipdown, 160.

I’ve been MIA this weekend because I’ve been super busy on a recent trip to Chicago. I did bring a pile of Inti Zen tea bags with me on the off chance I would have time to drink some, and I drank the one tea bag that I had of this one yesterday. I brought an Inti Zen mix pack back with me from Argentina because the flavors sounded good, but they’ve been a tad lackluster so I haven’t gone through them.

This one was ok, but it didn’t have a ton of flavor. I am wondering if these bags would be better two to a cup. It smelled nicely of caramel and red fruits, but the flavor was weak. Well, at least it wasn’t bitter or astringent. Glad to be getting back to my tea tonight!

I have had a few of these teas, and indeed it´s somewhat mediocre tea (though I am fond of silencio andino). But definetely try two teabags to a cup, they fill their teabags with just 1.5 g I think – the standard in mainland Europe is 2-2.5 g and british teabags usually are 2.25 up to 3 something!

A black tea with supposedly red fruits and dulce de leche. Sounded lovely. Frankly I can not taste the dulce de leche with any steeping time. Nice but nothing special.

I also didn’t get any dulce de leche from the tea. Sounded like a great idea, but it somehow didn’t quite make it. Sad. It sounded sooo great… Just meh…