Uji Shincha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Shinobi_cha

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This similar to another tea I tasted. It did not taste fresh and smelled like old socks. It was not nice for me to drink and we wasted a lot of money for Shincha. As an experience tea drinker I was...” Read full tasting note
    teafavs 7 tasting notes

From Ippodo

Every year, tea enthusiasts eagerly await the release of the years fresh new harvest, “Shincha” the Beaujolais Nouveau of green tea. Our Shincha is a type of sencha, different from our regular sencha in taste and character.

While our regular sencha offers our trademark full-bodied and well-balanced character a character that is consistent throughout the year and from year to year thanks to careful blending Shinchas charm is a freshness that represents a particular years new harvest.

This years Shincha is light and refreshing perfect for late-spring and early-summer. To enjoy your Shincha to the fullest, please choose a package size that you can finish
within about 2 weeks of opening. And as always, please store the tea in an airtight container away from direct sunlight. We really want you to enjoy your tea while it is at its freshest!

Due to a limited supply, Shincha sales will be available for a limited time only (until around mid-June).

About Ippodo View company

1 Tasting Note

This similar to another tea I tasted. It did not taste fresh and smelled like old socks. It was not nice for me to drink and we wasted a lot of money for Shincha. As an experience tea drinker I was very unhappy with this purchase.