Kimmo-no-mukashi is the 5th grade matcha from the top by Ippodo.
- Beautiful matcha, in appearance and quality and color. Aromatic.
- Foams easily and easy to sift.
- Green taste and strong. Not much sweet or floral aftertaste. More 1 dimensional.
- Do not recommend as a daily matcha, it is too bitter!
- It is good to try some sweets after to take away the bitterness. (I have a chocolate covered waffle I like to take afterwards.)
The texture is great and smooth but the bitter striking taste that hits every time is unpleasant for me.
I praise this matcha on its excellent quality, the beautiful color and texture, it is a very elegant matcha from Ippodo. On a personal note, I find it too bitter for my liking. Everything else is really perfect. If you can support bitter, then it will pass for you. If not, I would try the higher grades.
Quantity of Matcha Powder:1.5 heaping of tea ladle/chasaku
Quantity of Hot Water: 60ml
Temperature of Hot Water: 80°C
Time of whisking: 15 seconds
Please see my full review with photos: