Uji-Shimizu

Edit tea info Last updated by MatchaGirlParis
Iced 0 min, 30 sec

1 Tasting Note View all

From Ippodo

An original Ippodo creation, Uji-Shimizu is a matcha-based beverage developed in 1935. It combines matcha powder and sugar to provide an easy to prepare, easy to drink tea for those who prefer their matcha a bit sweeter.

Simply put 2 or 3 tablespoons of Uji-Shimizu in a cup or mug. Add water hot or cold and mix with a spoon. It’s as simple as that! It tastes great any season, anytime.

Spec

Size of Package: H210mm x W130mm
Net Weight: 150 grams
Shelf Life: 90 days

About Ippodo View company

1 Tasting Note

I find that adding water was not delicious as adding milk. With milk I feel it brings out the matcha flavor more. This is contrary to what Ippodo has mentioned on their website. There is not too strong of a matcha flavor, it is pretty mild. I recommend for those who love a sweet matcha au lait. Needs to stir vigorously to dissolve, it is not easy to dissolve with cold liquid.

I adjust the amount of spoons to my drinks, depending on how sweet you like your drinks. 2 or 3 tablespoons is a bit much for me.

Overall, I am impressed with Uji-Shimizu and my matcha au lait was enjoyable, it is not too strong or too sweet so I could say it is very easy to drink and simple to prepare.

Please see my full review and photos:

Iced 0 min, 30 sec