Green Lime

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

2 Images

From Island Rose

The clean, crisp taste of green limes can be found in Island Rose’s Green Lime, a blend of Green Tea, Lapacho Bark, and and lots and lots of lime, filling your cup with the vitality of spring. When you are feeling sluggish, this elixir will wake you up, delicately scenting the room with the fresh smell of squeezed limes you’ll want to go splashing through spring shower puddles.

With a cup of Green Lime you feel alive.

Ingredients: Lapacho, green tea, lime peels, natural lime flavor

About Island Rose View company

Swap Sample!

When the packet said “Green Lime” I assumed green tea with lime…but no. My tastebuds say, “WTF IS this crap?” Apparently it is Lapacho. I googled Lapacho…and to be honest it sounds dangerous! “The active ingredients such as lapachol have been found to possess significant abortifacient and reproductive toxicity effects for rats.234HOLY CRAP! How can they sell this as tea then? Good thing it tasted terrible and I dumped it out…bleh!

mrmopar

Good catch!

caile

that sounds terrible – good you dumped it out!

Lynxiebrat

Huh?! Major WTF. shudders

Fjellrev

Ouch! I have some lapacho coming my way from another company. Never thought to read too much into it.

Skysamurai

Yea… Which is sad because all of their other teas are so good.I was the same way. Dumped my cup out.

The citrus (lime) in this reminds me of cleaning products, which doesn’t do much for the appeal of this tea. Not much to write about in the taste department either, unfortunately. Last bag of this (from a variety pack), and I won’t be repurchasing!

I am completely hooked on this tea, if you want to add green tea to your diet, this is a winner, it has no “fishy” taste like you usually get with green tea, the lime is wonderful. It is an acquired taste as is anything good for you, but I have been drinking this for years, and keep a huge supply on hand. It is great for weight-loss, and also helps calm you, while giving you just a small dose of caffeine to help you wake up gently. LOVE THIS!!!

Skysamurai

I know this was posted awhile ago but would you like to swap and have the rest of my Green Lime?

I love Island Rose. Every tea I’ve tasted has been a wonderful adventure. Save for this one. I didn’t even occur to me that I might not like it until I opened the tea pouch. Don’t get me wrong I like the flavor of lime and I love green tea; but mixed together…. it just isn’t working for me. Kinda reminds me of the green skittles or sour patch kids that I leave at the bottom of the bag and give to someone else.

Here’s my other problem with this tea: If it has green tea how can it be non-caffeinated? Maybe decaf… but anyay… this one will be going in my give away pile.

This one is completely fail for me. It smells faintly citrus-y, faintly lime-like, but never quite right. The flavor isn’t there at all. I was very sad to see this taste test flop.