Dong Ding Oolong (medium roast)

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by iTeapot

1 Tasting Note View all

From iTeapot

Dong Ding Oolong Tea (Tung Ting, Frozen Summit, Ice Peak) is harvested from one of the most famous Oolong tea producing regions along the Central Mountains of Taiwan – LuGu Township of Nantou County. This area is wrapped in fogs and has a wide temperature range.

Dong Ding Oolong has a distinctive strong aroma and a moderate roast flavor with a mellow and sweet aftertaste that lingers at the back of the throat. This Formosa Oolong produces a golden brown brew.

About iTeapot View company

1 Tasting Note

Dong Ding Oolong is different than any other oolong I’ve tried so far. At first sip, there’s s a pleasant, vegetal flavor that develops into a rich, roasted grain essence. The body is full and nicely astringent. The finish is lingering with a sweet, delicate floral note.

This was my first exposure to a medium roasted oolong and I quite liked it.

A ding dong moment with Dong Ding! I enjoyed my first one too. The subtleties of oolong tea still amaze me.

dong ding or also known as tung ting….is one of my favorite oolongs…buttery, creamy, sweet and vegital…yummy

Teawing, I enjoyed this Dong Ding Oolong but I’d also like to try one that isn’t roasted to see if I might taste more of the creamy flavor.

Kashyap, I did my research :) Tung Ting translates to frozen summit if I remember correctly, but Dong Ding is infinitely more fun to say. Hehehe…

I have one from the puritea that isn’t roasted. I’ll send it in the next package. :)

you are correct…the legend behind frozen summit is a fav. as well it feeds into a similarity with Big Red Robe

There she goes, spreading tea joy to one and all… :)

QuiltGuppy, you are crazy lady! The best possible type of crazy… but still crazy.

Kashyap, now I have homework to do! I need to find out what the heck this Big Red Robe thing is.

teawing, if we were tracking a disease pattern QuiltGuppy would be Subject X. She has given us all so much and her generosity is contagious :)

Um. I have Big Red Robe, too, if you want…

Jenn This is one disease I am very thankful for…