Teas' Tea Rose Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tegsy

• “I decided to change it up today rather than have hot tea I would have ice tea. The funny thing is it's not hot outside today either. (This was another find from the World Tea Expo.) Rose Green...” Read full tasting note
    Tegsy 16 tasting notes
  • “I was going to dive into a multi-steeping oolong tea this afternoon, but then I had to walk across campus and decided to stop at the shop that carries the Teas' Tea teas (heh). Of the ones they...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1929 tasting notes
  • “The rose flavor really hits you in this one so if you aren't a floral tea fan I would suggest skipping it, it pretty much overwhelms the green tea. I love that this is unsweetened, but it has a...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1829 tasting notes

From Ito En

Rose Green is an all natural brew using premium loose Japanese green tea leaves and delicately dried rose petals. Enjoy the purity of this elegant blend.
Ingredients:
Purified Water, Green Tea, Dried Rose Petals, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid).

About Ito En View company

I decided to change it up today rather than have hot tea I would have ice tea. The funny thing is it’s not hot outside today either. (This was another find from the World Tea Expo.)
Rose Green tea is a light – unsweetened tea. I likey! I added just a touch of Hawaiian Cane Sugar and the flavors just punch up enough to make me smile more. This tea reminds me of what summers should/could be all about.
I told my friend I would share 1/2 of the 16. oz bottle w/ her but I don’t think I want to now. =) I would buy this drink and am looking forward to trying the other three I have from Teas’ Tea.

1929 tasting notes

I was going to dive into a multi-steeping oolong tea this afternoon, but then I had to walk across campus and decided to stop at the shop that carries the Teas’ Tea teas (heh). Of the ones they carry, this is the last of the bottled teas that I was really interested in trying, so I went ahead and picked it up.

It’s definitely seriously rosey. Even though it’s unsweetened, it almost seems a bit sweet from the florals. The green is a light base, which isn’t really the best green; it’s a little bitter at times, and at others it’s just plain. Still, it’s pretty tasty and I like that it’s unsweetened as a bottled tea. I think I prefer rose blacks because the black tea tends to keep the rose from getting out of control, and I’d like to try some of my rose blacks iced I think!

The rose flavor really hits you in this one so if you aren’t a floral tea fan I would suggest skipping it, it pretty much overwhelms the green tea. I love that this is unsweetened, but it has a slightly bitter taste from the Ascorbic Acid. You’ll find that in pretty much any bottled tea, although I think it is more noticeable in this one.

This is probably one of my favorite bottled teas and I remember how shocked I was when I first saw it. I love rose tea! This one is rather hard to find around here, but I generally keep a couple of bottles in the cooler when we go on road trips. Now that I live up north is is absolutely impossible to find fresh brewed tea at the gas stations and I refuse to stop at McDonalds for tea (my only other option on my route down south.)