Aged Beauty 1979

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Sammerz314

From J-TEA

This aged Eastern Beauty was originally produced for export over 30 years ago. It was a tea that was to be sold to foreign markets. Some of this tea stayed behind and it has developed over time. Now there are medicinal flavors as well as some fungal undertones. The tea has everything that a good aged oolong should have, but the leaf appearance is not the most desirable. Other than the leaf appearance, this tea is spectacular. Leave it up to us, at J-TEA, to bring this tea to its intended destination. No good tea will be left behind.

About J-TEA View company

Down to my last vestiges of this. I’ve had this tea for almost a year now; I’m surprised I held onto it this long. It was the first aged oolong I ever tried. Can’t say I recognize any remnants of its Oriental Beauty heritage…but it’s still quite fantastic in its own right. The Taiwanese measure tea by the overall sensation, not just taste. And with this one, I can see why.

At first, on initial taste, the aged nature of it is a little oft-putting. But done with short steeps over a period of minutes, it lends something unique and wonderfully medicinal. Oh, and I happen to like the taste of “ancient Buddhist calm”. I can dig it.

I’m at the start of the busiest day at work I’ve had in awhile, and I needed a li’l happy juice calm. Already on my second mug.

Bonnie

Now that’s old! If I wasn’t so old already, I’d give aging oolongs a go. Fort Collins has a perfect climate for aging oolongs. It’s high and dry. (Not so great for Puerh without a humidor).

Geoffrey Norman

You have to give aged oolongs a try. They’ll get you tea-drunk like a partying Buddhist in ten seconds flat.

Bonnie

I already have brain issues…would be easy to do. I have a 1998 puerh and laoshan white which are my instant party in a cup tea’s. Most puerhs mello out my fibromyalgia symptoms in the brain which transfers to relief in my body. I wish I could work with a researcher on this.

Interesting tea. Earthy, reminiscing of Humus, but not too Earthy. The description of Bell Peppers above is Perfect! I would say the notes of Bell Peppers is the prominent feature of this tea!

Parameters:
Teapot : Yixing 180ml
Temperature : 185 F
Steep Time : 15 sec
Tea Quantity : 6 g

Dark Earth, notes of bell pepper, morel mushrooms